Thread: Hi everybod and greeting from Germany !!!

Carb and Points!

Red face Hi everybod and greeting from Germany !!!

Hello folks ,
    I'm Phil from Germany and a proud owner of a late 86 350 Corvette TPI with Z51 option. More or less complete stock.
    in order to delete EGR , Cold Start Injector, changing FAN Temp etc. and having the option to change engine components I decided to buy an MOATES Ostrich 2.0 .... BUT ... it wasn't available anymore

So I worked a little bit into Datlogging and used Tuner Pro RT. I try to learn about the right BIN and Definition File to start with.
    NOW , I mean TODAY my CobraRTP Motronic R6 EPROM-Emulator arrived and it's time to start.

The Emulator has the ablility the store two bins .. so I would like to load the "stock" PROM (which should be the BUA , $32) and a second one , of course the ARAP with $6E which I would like to "tune" or "make it drivable"
    I'm not looking to gain more HPs (..yet..) I just want to have the possibilities and learn as much as possible about ECUs and PROM tuning.

I downloaded the bin and xdf and I can open everything in TunerPro ( which I allready used for Datalogging )
    At this point I could use your help.

What is the best/esiest way to start with ? I would like to take the BUA , load it and drive the car ... changing some flags oder scalars and see if the changes are working.

What do I have to change in the ARAP just to make it "work" ? FAN operation N/O , VATS disable , what else ?

As stated before it's a 86 TPI, 165 ECU , 128 Alu Heads (slightly "hand" ported or Port matched?), 1.6 Roller Rocker , flat tappet lifters , long tube headers , stock cat converter , new delphi 22lb Injectors , every thing else is stock.

I appreciate every info on how i could find a way to start .....

thank you very much
    Phil

Administrator
    Hello Phil,

Welcome to the forum. I think you have a good plan. Changing from BUA to ARAP may require some changes to ARAP and to the vehicle. I haven't done this in many years but I believe the cold start injector should be disabled and possibly the A/C signal is different between the two calibrations. VATS disable is a great idea as well.

I think an easy comparison might be to load BUA in both banks of the emulator, but set the maximum vehicle speed to a very low value in the test calibration. If you set the maximum speed to 56kph, you should be able to easily tell if your changes are taking effect.

Carb and Points!
    Nice to hear , my plan isn't bad at all ;)
    Yes I have to disconect the CSI and set A/C signal to normally closed ....

good advice to load the same bin in both banks, thanks.

I'm still learning how to "read" things in Tuner Pro .. e.g. some values are decimal ( Fan Temp ) some are in hex ( MAF scalar ).
    and still confusing for exapmle is the -max Spark Adavane- Scalar set to 41.80 (aprox) plus base timing 6° it would be about 47.80 .... BUT I see 48.xx in the SA table ... WHY ? or what am I getting wrong ?

So many questions .... perhaps this last easy one : why is the REV LIMIT set to an never reachable value ???

I think in one week I'll get my GM1 adapter from BoostedNW and then I'll start my first miles ... I mean kilometers

hope to hear you again ...