Thread: Injector latency question

Injector latency question

I am about to install a Holley TBI unit that I bought some time back and wanted to make sure that I understand the injector latency values properly so as to avoid more issues. The TBI unit that I have uses the newer and smaller Deplhi bottom feed injectors so the latency values are different than the O.E. TBI injectors. In the $OD mask the injector latency chart (injector offset vs. battery voltage) is scaled in microseconds. My question is that I believe that the chart that I got from holley is scaled in milliseconds. I THINK that all that I need to do when copying over the data is to simply move the decimal 3 units over. For example; 1.2 milliseconds would be 1200 microseconds, correct ? I am fairly certain that I am on the right track, but wanted to verify that I was correct before I made any changes.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

yup you got it.
    1978 Camaro Type LT, 383, Dual TBI, '7427, 4L80E
    1981 Camaro Z-28 Clone, T-Tops, 350/TH350
    1981 Camaro Berlinetta, V-6, 3spd
    1974 Chevy/GMC Truck, '90 TBI 350, '7427, TH350, NP203, 6" lift, 35s

Thanks, I thought that was right after looking at the values in the bin and comparing them to the info I found from Holley. I got the TBI unit installed and worked out some of the issues I had then was able to fire up the engine long enough to perform a few basic checks. It was dark out and getting late so I stopped there for the night. Now I can plug in the new injector offsets and recalculate the injector flow rates and have a new tune ready to go in the morning.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.