Thread: Saying Hi and checking in

Fuel Injected!

Saying Hi and checking in

Hi all, I found this forum in the course of looking for information on sorting out electrical/driveability issues on my 1992 P30 motorhome.
    I've already been able to to narrow down my troubleshooting approach with information from some of the topics posted here, (thanks for that) what I think I'm looking for is a few wires melted together in the harness that have some control circuits talking to each other when they shouldn't.
    The major symptom was the transmission going to neutral on the highway about a month ago, and then a steady progression of really random driveability symptoms that didn't really point to anything in particular and seemed to get worse with time. IE - check engine light, loss of idle control, more false neutrals, FI dumping fuel with KOEO, fuel pump relay chatters with key on, not able to connect a scanner to data link, etc.
    I've already done the random parts cannon of changing out spare sensors with mixed success but haven't yet nailed down the exact cause. (Hey sometimes the lazy mans approach works)!
    I've been able to get a copy of the GM electrical diagnosis diagram and wiring book for this rig, and that along with the troubleshooting approach's I've read here has led me to being able to duplicate at least some of the symptoms by wiggle testing the wiring and finding the ECU pigtails being the most suspect for damage.
    I have some hope I'll be able to narrow it down today and can post back on what I find.
    Two things on working through this - I've never seen such bad build quality as on this motorhome, and I already know more about this rig than I ever wanted to...but sour grapes aside - I'm also kinda having fun chasing this down.
    I
    Last edited by boba; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:25 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    Is this a 454/4L80E TBI? '7060 PCM?
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    That's the one Carl :-)