Thread: help with some connector ID

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

help with some connector ID

I have my 88 truck harness almost sorted. kinda confused on two connectors over by the fuel pump relay.

I believe the one is the fuel pump test connection?
    20240312_143311.jpg
    two prong and has tan/white and a pink/black. both end up at "junctions" in the harness itself. which branch out in various ways.

its weird to me that on one side it would be "fuel pump signal" as per terminal B2 on the ecu connector and then "ign - ecm fuse" as per terminal A6 on the other ecu connector.

what do I even do with this thing? was it ever connected to anything? can I cut it out?

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead...ng/747ecm1.jpg
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead...ng/747ecm2.jpg

this other one is also a two prong and close by the fuel pump relay. its just as weird as the first one was to me. The orange wire goes to a junction which also goes to that pin on the fuel pump relay in the background. same with the pink/black wire. as above...terminal C16 orange (battery 12v) and terminal A12 (ign-12v fuse). I mean they connected to something at one point I think?
    20240312_143250.jpg
    I have pretty much all the other sensors needed hooked up in the harness aside from the o2 which I dont have in my hands yet and I dont have the one side of the coil harness pair going to anything. one side comes from the ignition module. still looking for the rest of the coil harness pic as the one here just sorta cuts off on me right at the 423 WHT line. kinda weird.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/gearhead...ng/747ecm6.jpg

also, one last question. how do I depin the ecu connectors? I've been probing one of the pins that I dont need for a bit and cant figure out how it is held in there. been looking with a flashlight and such and cant get it to let go. I'd love to pull a couple wires out....thread them out of the main loom, and then hook them back in so I can separate some of the tangled mess in the middle.
    Last edited by stackz; 03-12-2024 at 10:04 PM.