Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help with some connector ID

Administrator
    Ahh... Yes, the blue ones are different. ;)

The first year trucks were set up a little differently. The relays weren't all installed on the RH side of the cab in a neat row. The fuse holder is for the fuel pump fuse. It might only have been 15A.

Fuel Injected!
    lol, you know what I mean. it wasnt a recreational vehicle is what I meant. it makes sense as one of the wires in the harness is a different color from the chart as well. when I get a chance, I'll go figure out which one.

I plan to head to the upull on friday if the rain holds off to grab some spare connectors and such so I can finish this up and get it on my test stand engine and see if it burns up or not haha

I'm hoping the newest 89 truck that got dropped is complete wiring-wise so I can compare it to this one and get anything I feel I might need...and pics of it all before I cut stuff out. or I may just take the whole harness again...I think its like $30 for an entire harness.

is there 3 or 4 wires that hook to the ALDL, anyone know? my diagram shows 4 with two orange wires connecting in two different places and then joining in the harness. just want to make sure I have that done right.

the wire thats different from the charts for me is pin B7. in the chart i have, it is a black wire and goes to the ESC. on my harness its yellow with red stripe. it does go to the esc connector though so I'm cool. harness also doesnt have pin B8 (dark green for a/c signal) that just tells me the truck probably didnt have factory a/c.

Im pretty sure if i want the ecu to control ac in the future (I plan to put an aftermarket ac setup on the 59 apache eventually) I can just toss a pin in there and wire to the ac clutch positive so the ecu will know its on. I kept the ones I removed from this harness already just in case.
    Last edited by stackz; 03-19-2024 at 06:06 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    finally had a chance to get back out to the upull and they had a 88 and 89 truck with intact harnesses. yup, the connector was a fuse connector. went ahead and grabbed one plug with the cover and some other bits and pieces to replace some mangled stuff on my harness...as well as spare connectors and such.

20240322_093921.jpg

Fuel Injected!
    Yep, that’s the fuse to the fuel pump. Definitely need that. Looks just like the one on my 88 C1500.
    Last edited by TriumphR3; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:24 PM.