Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 7747 ecm

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Choose the ST 27FS12 chip through the Mcumall software and offsets will be there.
    The offsets have never been there for me automatically, when using my GQ-3X, only with the Burn 2.

It's a good idea to verify the offsets, even when using a program that automatically sets them. On the Moates website there is a page that explains offsets and what to set for each size EEPROM and file size being used.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

I just tried and no offsets? Although I've never used the GQ 4x for other then 2732a chips and never chose an offset, just chose the chip.

http://support.moates.net/programmin...using-offsets/

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    some where i read where you sodered 4 pins to gather, the chip programs verifys but i got a fast check engine light and i think its in hobble home mode, i put the 2732 in the zip socket works fine no light runs good. i didnt no if connecting the pins made up for the off sets or what .

That was my mistake, if putting a 2732a bin on the chip the GQ4x just puts it in. Same size file on same size chip. But what is happeneing now is you have a same small size bin file in a larger chip. It needs to be offset so bin file ends on bottom of newer bigger chip, not on top or middle.

You'll have to figure out what that offset is from the moates link above and entered into the GQ4x... I don't know, I use the AutoProm for 27FS512 chips and info from Moates, I only use the GQ4X for the 2732a chips because Moates products don't support that chip.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    we will get it figured out, lots of programmers on here,that zip socket sure is a easy chip swap,still got some 2732s left to play with today. getting about 19.5 mpgs and running pretty good, my 2732s are old 300ns they are slow compared to the 27sf512.

Fuel Injected!
    got it going, read six shooters artical set the file offset to f000 it works, got to go data loging now, temp droped 40 dgress so i imagen there will be a lot of changes from yesterday.