Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 7747 ecm

Fuel Injected!

7747 ecm

what does the little removable chip do? do you need to program it when you program the big chip 2732 a?

It's called a "CALPAK" it's an assembly of resistors, that sets up hardware settings, for cylinder count, and other things that need to be set that way.

No, there is no programming involved.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    i down loaded the hyway cruise for the 12147747 and i dont really know what to change. i need a usb adld cable that will work with tuner pro or tunercats if any one has one for sale, so i can data log on a 91 4.3 chevy pickup. i dont have a data logger and have proggramed 384 chips for this truck, it is close but not just right, some one put a 273 rear end in it an the spark, fuel, egr, are way off what they sould be. been guessing for 3 years at what to set things at.wanted to get a ostich from motes ,after reading what i posted maybe a different rear gear ratio should come first. still need a data log cable.

Other then turing things on and off, I would'nt know what to change in a bin file without data to tell what needs changed. You need a cable! Then start with a fresh/stock chip/bin.

It's not the gear ratio...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

If you have a 4.3 and you're running a 2.73 rear end then you may want to go with a little lower gear ratio. I'm sure that the thing gets good mileage on the highway, but it's gotta run like a dog around town. I got my cable from Moates.net and it has worked flawlessly for a few years now. The price seems pretty reasonable to me at $80, but the main thing is that it works well with tunerpro and isn't difficult to set up. The only software required to use the cable is just the FTDI chipset driver that can be found anywhere including the moates website. Here's a link to the product page http://www.moates.net/aldu1-and-cabl...bl1-combo.html . I can identify with what you've had to deal with as my first tuning experience was with a nissan that had no data stream capability at all.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

Fuel Injected!
    thanks for the info,proggramed a chip with hy way cruise today.just run it in the garage didnt drive it, run fast at idle,put my other chip in wouldnt go into close loop till i drove about 6 mile then restarted the truck. i guss the patch had already started to do its thing.the ecm always went closed loop after about a 1mile or less.waitting on a data logger before i do anymore testing.

How do you know open/closed loop without data logging?

You should have a good tune, backed up by data before using hyway lean cruise.

Lean cruise will not work while parked, warming up. It needs to meet qualifiers before entering open loop/HiWay Lean Cruise.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i have a snapon scanner.

That explains a lot. So you do have some data... it's a lot harder to do with scan tool, you'll like computer data when you get the cable.

Watch long term fuel trim should be 118 to 128 when goes into HyWay Lean Cruise. Actually it can be a wider range but fairly accurate there. Make sure parameters in the bin file are set and you know what they are and scan tool should show it go open loop. Want the MAP setting low enough to exit and resume closed loop when load is greater like pulling trailer or big hill.

So what software are you using to make the bin changes? If TunerPro there's some updated $42 ADX and XDF files. When data logging with the ADX file it's like scan tool on steroids. Are you still using the UV erase chips? What bin did you start with?

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    i started with aksf bin, i have been using tunerpro to edit still using the old uv eraser. going to make a test run going to work this morning got about a 4 mile fairly flat strech of hy way. maybe i will get my cable by the weekend

Fuel Injected!
    tried it out this morning map was to high to work right, this silly truck will run 85 mph in third gear and still going,shifted to 4th gear afraid of throughing the rods out, wot,lost 5 mph ,on into 5 th gear went down to 70 mph, milk it it will hold 72 in 5th gear on flat ground run out of high way had to slow down. at 70 mph it going 1890 rpm in 5th gear. any way i should get my data cable this weakend and have sumore fun.

Fuel Injected!
    i got my cable today , downloading drivers now, wont be able to data log till tommorow afternoon, kinduf exited as to what i might learn. i have got a ob2 auto enginenuity scanner program i use at work,it has a lot of stuff in it an if i understuid all of it i could fix a lot more than i do. we work on ever thing but chain saws an weed eaters.sure is a lot easyer with an electric starter motor. if my data logger works i will have some fun tommorow afternoon. to be countinued.

Even if the Auto Enginuity OBDII software works for the OBDI? You'd be better off from a tuner perspective by using TunerPo RT
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read
    and the XDF ADX files in this thread.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

TunerPro has a Data Logger.

-= =-

Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Even if the Auto Enginuity OBDII software works for the OBDI? You'd be better off from a tuner perspective by using TunerPo RT
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...is-a-must-read
    and the XDF ADX files in this thread.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

TunerPro has a Data Logger.
    Agreed ! For me it just makes things simpler and easier to be able to log and edit with the same program. This is ESPECIALLY handy if you make the proper changes to enable the map trace function as it takes the guesswork out of a LOT of the tuning process.
    1999 GMC Sierra 1500 standard cab long bed 4.8 V8 2WD - A work in progress.
    2000 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 - My new daily driver inherited from the wife via the insurance company totaling it out after a minor collision.
    2006 Grand Prix GT sedan 3800 Supercharged - The wife's new grocery getter.

The map (data trace) is all set up in those ADX,XDF files. All you have to do while connected to vehicle is click the Data Trace button.

For adjusted fuel VE there is a spreadsheet built.

Writeup on how to combine the 2 VE tables and smooth them.

Pretty easy way to start and learn.

-= =-