Thread: fresh newbi

Carb and Points!

fresh newbi

Hi everyone, new to the tuning game. I've got an 67' Jeepster that I'm putting in a LM7 5.3 out of an 06'. I'll need help on the bin file that I'm working on to get it to a manual 5 speed. cant wait to get this thing going. keeping the tuning stock, just a daily driver so it will last. Thanks everyone. glad to be here.

Often modifying a 4.8 manual .bin or 6.0 manual .bin is a good plan. Unfortunately a factory 5.3 manual .bin is not available. Modifying a 5.3 auto .bin to manual is also a good plan.

I like the plan modifying a 4.8 manual .bin with 5.3 engine parameters.

Carb and Points!
    Ok, so I'm back and it worked. Just like you said. Figured out the neutral safety clutch switch , all good started right up. Now I'm working on the dana300 transfer case manual speedo to digital vss output. I'm finding the correct size but not sure about the ppm. Pulses per mile for the p59 ecu / 5.3l 2005. Dakota digital said 128k ppm. Does that sound right? Anyone know for sure?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post

Often modifying a 4.8 manual .bin or 6.0 manual .bin is a good plan. Unfortunately a factory 5.3 manual .bin is not available. Modifying a 5.3 auto .bin to manual is also a good plan.

I like the plan modifying a 4.8 manual .bin with 5.3 engine parameters.
    They exist in Mexico, just to track one down. They even had manuals in the GMT900 body style down there. 350s in the GMT800s too. There is an OE file for a 250 I6 with TBI for the 7427 that also exist in a ~95 C1500 in Mexico.
    Last edited by Fast355; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanhal View Post
    Ok, so I'm back and it worked. Just like you said. Figured out the neutral safety clutch switch , all good started right up. Now I'm working on the dana300 transfer case manual speedo to digital vss output. I'm finding the correct size but not sure about the ppm. Pulses per mile for the p59 ecu / 5.3l 2005. Dakota digital said 128k ppm. Does that sound right? Anyone know for sure?
    I used a budget friendly Digital Dakota 8K VSS. The Speed Pulse Per Rev will be very ODD with the 8K VSS

8K VSS.JPG

Carb and Points!
    So it looks like we can use any vss pulse sensor. 4k, 8k, 16 k , 128k vss. Yes must be gm compatible thread to your trans/t case. It's all about your numbers you put into your ecm program setup. I did find the higher the pulse rate the more accurate pulses per mile becomes thus the more accurate your Speed.20240401_083609.jpgometer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmanhal View Post
    So it looks like we can use any vss pulse sensor. 4k, 8k, 16 k , 128k vss. Yes must be gm compatible thread to your trans/t case. It's all about your numbers you put into your ecm program setup. I did find the higher the pulse rate the more accurate pulses per mile becomes thus the more accurate your Speed.20240401_083609.jpgometer.
    I think a 4K VSS is a very poor option because the Speed Pulse Per Rev number will be extremely low. The 8K VSS already has a low Speed Pulse Per Rev number and is likely the lowest cost option too.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I think a 4K VSS is a very poor option because the Speed Pulse Per Rev number will be extremely low. The 8K VSS already has a low Speed Pulse Per Rev number and is likely the lowest cost option too.
    4K still works ok provided you are not using an electronically shifted transmission. I used the stock 4K one in the cluster on the 87 G20 with the 6.0L and a TH400. Worked well enough to run the IAC logic and DBW cruise control.

Carb and Points!
    Good to know. I've got similar. 86 cj7 transfer case and newer 5 speed manual. Mechanical to digital speedo. Input to p59 ecm then obd2 connect to dekota digital cluster.