Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TBI 350 Target Idle Speed

Last edited by ralmo94; 03-08-2024 at 07:49 PM.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Red devil river seems to be the cheapest one so i will
    Probably go with that one. I just messaged them to see what the cd/usb are for. I’ll keep you updated. Also thank you for the ADX file, from my understanding that’s the one needed if i want to log data? At this point i don’t want to/need to log data do i? I just want to be able to see all live data the computer is receiving from the sensors and also it would be nice to view the parameters in my current chip. Will i be able to do that using tuner pro and getting that cable?

Seeing the live data is the same as datalogging. You just have the option to record it and play it back. Data logging is what you want to do.

To read the bin from aldl, you need @steavo's flashhack and yes you can use the cable for it. He wrote it to flash Fbody obd1.5, but you can pull the bin through aldl on any aldl ECU.
    https://ecmhack.com/flashhack/
    Last edited by ralmo94; 03-08-2024 at 08:25 PM. Reason: Typo

Fuel Injected!
    Oh ok i see. Once i get the cable I’ll let you know if i have any questions, it seems like a complicated process to be able to view the parameters on my current chip so i might just data log to see what all the sensors are reading, although my current scanner pretty much shows me the data for my my sensors. What benefit would i have from using tuner pro to
    Date log?

You will be able to record a data log and post the log file here, it should give you more info than your scanner, idle flag for one. Would be nice to verify that chip is stock, although far fetched, there is the possibility that someone has used a UV eraser and burnt something on the chip, used to be the old school way. But it is still concerning that it is showing 50% throttle at idle. Maybe it won't with the cable, i don't know. Did you get a chance to unplug the TPS yet?

Fuel Injected!
    Not yet the truck is not stored at my house so i don’t see it everyday but i will tomorrow and update you

Fuel Injected!
    Ok so yesterday i unplugged the tps sensor and the idle went up for a second and then went back down to where it was idling before i unplugged it. However something wierd happened yesterday when i was driving it i floored it and it made a grinding sound from what seemed to be the transmission and then the check Engine light came
    On for a code 43? Can this be related possibly?

Did you have the scanner plugged in while TPs was unhooked? What was the requested idle speed, and TPS %

Code 43 knock sensor open or shorted, I wouldn't think so but I wouldn't try to say for sure. How's your firewall wiring near the exhaust manifold collector?

Fuel Injected!
    Yes it was plugged in but not on data mode so it wouldn’t mess with the idle. After i
    Unplugged the tps i then went into data mode to see the love data and the idle
    Req was still at 1k and the tps voltage was 0 However the throttle percentage was showing 31%?are you talking about the wiring that runs through the metal shield thing that’s bolted to the transmission? I haven’t got
    Underneath to look at it but the knock sensor
    Plug was broken/brittle when i replaced the knock sensor so
    I’m wondering if it fell off when i floored it.

I'm wondering if the 31% is a glitch in the scanner? Does it change when you apply throttle?

The plug could have gotten unplugged. My truck had an exhaust leak at the collector when I bought it and it melted a bunch of wires together, just wanted to make sure you didn't have that going on, since it read 0vlts when TPs unplugged, I don't think you do, but a visual inspection never hurts. Does it raise the idle if you jumper A and B of the aldl while it's running?

Fuel Injected!
    Well i was thinking maybe the base idle is set to keep the Throttle at 31% open? I’ll check next time I’m with the truck, i couldn’t apply throttle with the tps unplugged the motor would choke, wires are all good i had the whole harness out of the truck a couple months ago and everything looked good expect brittle/half broken connection for the knock sensor. I’ll jump A and B and see if the idle increases. I’ve had the idle issue since the bought the truck and now that i rebuilt the throttle body and changed all these sensors i was hoping it would fix it but nope. Still wants to idle at 1k

31% is too much. Should be 0 with 0vlts I'm still thinking maybe it's a glitch with your scanner. I guess we'll find out after you get your Cable.

Could always do a 7427 swap. Lol

See #46 above. When I see data that does not make sense I usually grab a different scanner. Sometimes the data just gets screwed up. I to await your results with the new cable, I think you will find a lot more than the 10 data list parameters that your current scanner gives you.

Fuel Injected!
    What’s a 7427 swap?

Fuel Injected!
    I’m still waiting for a response from red devil before i purchase the cable