Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: TBI 350 Target Idle Speed

Quote Originally Posted by maronielb View Post
    I see, would i be able to put a 7427 in my truck? Where would i be able to get a prom? My truck has a reman computer in it but i opened it up and the BCC code is correct for my truck but I’m
    Not sure if they swapped the prom from the old computer into this one or if this reman unit came with the prom
    Already in it. I just want a 700 rpm idle is that to much to ask for lol
    Certainly not to much to ask for. Lol.
    Yes you can swap a 7427 if you would like, you would need a PCM, the two connectors and a memcal, and a chip to burn, I don't recommend using a memcal adapter long term, instead solder the new chip in place of the stock one. Should you choose to do that, I could give you a memcal with a chip soldered on it if you send me a memcal. As far as getting a prom for the ecm you have now, pull it yourself salvage yard, and eBay are the only places I know of, you would need to find a manual V8, around here most of these trucks are pretty picked through in the yard.
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Fuel Injected!
    Ok I’ll let him know. I realized that earlier to suggest the pcm swap. Sorry for asking that question. I found a guy on eBay that can burn me a new prom chip but i have to send him the BIN file. Should i send him the BIN file that came with my truck or should i send him a BIN file for a 95 Silverado 5.7l with a 5 speed?

On your neighbors truck the IAT (intake air temperature) is -40. This will make it run rich and indicates either a bad sensor or more likely the sensor is unplugged.
    Last edited by MO LS Noobie; 03-14-2024 at 02:10 PM. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by MO LS Noobie View Post
    On your neighbors truck the IAT (intake air temperature) is -40. This will make it run rich and indicates either a bad sensor or more likely the sensor is unplugged.
    TBI does not have IAT, or MAT. It uses engine coolant temp.

Fuel Injected!
    Exactly! I was surprised that was even showing up on my scanner

Fuel Injected!
    Ralmo94, when i order my new prom chip should i send him the bin file for my truck or send him the bin file for a 95 silverado with a 5.7 and 5speed? The computers are the same as far as the 7747 goes so would the newer bin file help out at all in terms of running better/showing for info on my scanner? If not I’ll just stick with my factory BIN which is AZDR

Ralmo94, when i order my new prom chip should i send him the bin file for my truck or send him the bin file for a 95 silverado with a 5.7 and 5speed? The computers are the same as far as the 7747 goes so would the newer bin file help out at all in terms of running better/showing for info on my scanner? If not I’ll just stick with my factory BIN which is AZDR
    As far as I know, your ECU will read any prom with the same mask, I had been told previously that the releases of new BCC codes were incremental meaning Ab superspeeds AA. But I have also been told that sertian releases were to cure specific tsb's.

I would run the latest release bin for your mask that is correct for your combination, 350 with a manual.
    Another member on here has better understanding of the different releases, if. I remember correctly it's @oneprojecttoomany

You might also send a pm to cottonpicker, he doesn't reply to threads, but he may be able to help you

As far as I know everything is in the bin for it, just have to add pins to the PCM connector and install one if wanted. Some have, and it is said to be better with a MAT rather than IAT as it's a heated intake

Fuel Injected!
    I see, i don’t think my neighbor cares to install one, he just wants to fix his truck. It’s probably his 02 sensor honestly

Fuel Injected!
    Cool, i was looking at getting the BIN for BDUY burned since it’s the newest BIN with the same mask as mine that i was able to find on this website, i wanted the BIN for a 95 but it wasn’t available for download in the bin file section

I see, i don’t think my neighbor cares to install one, he just wants to fix his truck. It’s probably his 02 sensor honestly
    If it smells rich out of the pipe and the O2 is saying it's too rich, I'd say there is a rich condition, and replacing the O2 is kinda like shooting the messenger.

That's why I suggested checking the fuel pressure, if it has been cranked by a previous owner, that could make it run rich. An injector not closing could also, another thing that could cause rich condition is coolant temp, but it was reporting operating temp, so that's unlikely.

Only other thing I can think of that would cause it to be too rich, is if someone has put larger injectors in it, perhaps from a 454.

I usually approach diag with what easiest and cheapest first, at this point the fuel pressure would be easiest to check on his truck, and I think O'Reilly has a rental tool that would work, I have used one before, also making it cheap.

Cool, i was looking at getting the BIN for BDUY burned since it’s the newest BIN with the same mask as mine that i was able to find on this website, i wanted the BIN for a 95 but it wasn’t available for download in the bin file section
    As far as I can tell it's for a 350 manual trans and the right mask, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Fuel Injected!
    i will let him know, hes mechanically inclined but hes old school he likes carbs, he doesnt really like dealing with anything that has a computer

Fuel Injected!
    i made the purchase, i should have my new prom chip by next weekend, fingeres crossed this fixes my issues.

Any updates?