Thread: WB-O2 readout confusion.

Fuel Injected!

WB-O2 readout confusion.

S0 I have been running a LC-1 wb for a few years in the Camaro(7165 ECM with 6E) with the 5v output wired into the ECM as well as displayed via Moates O-meter. The O-meter and the data in TunerPro match really close, I think one may update faster than the other. Yesterday I plugged the LC-1 to the laptop via the serial to USB adapter and to view in LM logworks that came with the LC-1 kit. For some reason the LM LogWorks and the display on The dash are off by around 2. This is a single LC-1 supplying info to two different display sources at the same time and the results do not match. the O-meter shows 15ish at idle and the LM Logworks shows 13ish.

Any ideas on what is going on? I can't help but wonder which one is correct.

Thanks,
    Dewayne

For two AFR readings from the LC-1 you need to wire two outputs. Analog 1 and Analog 2. Unless you use the serial line which can be third.

I have serial wired into EFI Live V2 box and an adapter to plug into laptop USB for programming. Analog 1 to Moates O-Meter and Analog 2 to inputs of EFI Live. All three read accurate.

Kind of strange you get 13 and 15 though? IIRC the first time I tried that they were half of 14.7ish...

If your getting 13 and 15 from the 2 Anologs then you have a ground issue.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    For two AFR readings from the LC-1 you need to wire two outputs. Analog 1 and Analog 2. Unless you use the serial line which can be third.

I have serial wired into EFI Live V2 box and an adapter to plug into laptop USB for programming. Analog 1 to Moates O-Meter and Analog 2 to inputs of EFI Live. All three read accurate.

Kind of strange you get 13 and 15 though? IIRC the first time I tried that they were half of 14.7ish...

If your getting 13 and 15 from the 2 Anologs then you have a ground issue.

I'm getting 15 on Anolog 2 and 13 from the serial cable. If it were a ground issue I would expect to see a lower number on the anolog output due to not getting enough voltage but instead the serial is the lesser of the two. The O-meter and the LC-1 are grounded together.
    I'm not ruling out a ground issue at all, we all know a ground can drive you nuts.

I plan to dig into this later today.
    Thanks,
    Dewayne

Remember higher AFR numbers are higher voltage, I.E. 5V = 20 AFR and 0V = 10 AFR or wherever the outside of the range is programmed to. So a ground with a postive offset will show a lower number, due to the less voltage. That being said, please confirm my next question.

By the sounds of it you have both the ECM and the moates O-meter connected together to the same Analog output, if that is the case, change this immediately, that is causing an issue, due to a change in impedance that the circuit when connected in this way.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Six_Shooter View Post
    Remember higher AFR numbers are higher voltage, I.E. 5V = 20 AFR and 0V = 10 AFR or wherever the outside of the range is programmed to. So a ground with a postive offset will show a lower number, due to the less voltage. That being said, please confirm my next question.

By the sounds of it you have both the ECM and the moates O-meter connected together to the same Analog output, if that is the case, change this immediately, that is causing an issue, due to a change in impedance that the circuit when connected in this way.
    You are correct, the ECM and the O-meter are on the same analog output. I will change it today. BUT...... that analog output is the one showing the leaner(higher voltage) reading.

I have a 2nd LC-1 still in the box I got to hook up in other vehicles, I may install it just to see if the 2 agree on anything.

Either way, a rewire is in order.

I think you found your issue without hooking up another Wide Band to verify. The serial would be correct and whatever is tied together is wrong.

You did do heater calibration and free air calibration? Also set up output of the analog channels to proper voltages and Lamda or AFR. Don't click the Reset Calibration button while doing this or you did a Free Air with sensor in exhaust...

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    **UPDATE**
    I removed the LC1 and installed a complete new unit(had another that was NIB), wired the Moates O-meter to analog 1(reprogrammed the output to 0-5 volts to match analog 2) and hooked the analog 2 wire to ECM for data logging. The O-Meter and the datalog match as expected. I haven't had a chance to compare the O-meter & datalog to the LogWorks 3 yet but where the O-meter normally shows high 14 afr's at light throttle cruising it now shows high 13's which is what the LogWorks3 was showing before.

Thanks to the input from you guys I may have solved 2 problems, the one I started this tread about and my horrible gas mileage(after some more tuning of course)