Thread: Transmission Tuning Questions Jet DST

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Transmission Tuning Questions Jet DST

Hello all. I was looking over some .cal files in JetDst, trying to understand what I will want to change on my car, and I had some questions come up and the information seems fuzzy. I just want to make sure I get as clear of a picture as I can. Some background information, the car I am hoping to eventually tune is a 1997 Pontiac Firebird Formula. It has a stock LT1, and 4l60E transmission. The calibration file I have been using was listed for a 1997 Camaro LT1 Auto. The only change made to the file is speed correction, to ensure that my tire size and gearing are represented. I have not saved the file with the updated information, I have just been using the file to understand what options I have. The program I am using to view the calibration files is Jet Dynamic Spectrum Tuner. My main interest is in transmission tuning. My first questions are regarding the shift tables. My first question comes from some reading I have been doing on the LS forums on transmission tuning. While I understand that a later GTO 4l60E is going to have different tables and options than a 97 F body, I keep seeing that the 4l60e needs to meet both an RPM target and a MPH target for shifting. The tables that I have only refer to MPH and TPS. I don't see any options that refer to RPM for shifting, other than for Kickdown Mode. Am I correct in thinking that kickdown mode just triggers the WOT shift points, and causes the tables to be ignored until you leave kickdown?My next question is about the transmission hot and cold modes. Are those triggered by coolant temp, or transmission temp? A related question, is there a factory way to read transmission temperatures? I am able to read a good deal of sensors on my Firebird with a Bluetooth adaptor and the TorquePro App, and do not recall seeing any transmission sensors available. Thank you for taking the time out to read and comment. If this was posted in the wrong area, I apologize.
    Last edited by Funnyontheinside; 02-22-2024 at 09:20 PM.
    1997 Firebird Formula LT1, Auto