Thread: New member into

Carb and Points!

New member into

Hey there, Im doing a build on a chevy K3500 with the 454. Once the engine is complete I'm going to be doing the common pin out to the 0411 ECM and will need to do some tuning to get things up and running again. I've read everything I can find on the process and downloaded Tuner Pro but would like some input on what unit to use to connect to the OBDll port. Could really use some mentoring here in Mid-Missouri!

Welcome to the forum. I experience is mostly with the OBD 2 stuff, 96 and newer. My personal vehicle is a 99 Denali that came with a 350 Vortec and I have swapped in a stroked six liter out of a 05 Escalade. What year is your vehicle? Which PCM do you have? Is this the original engine that hopped up or is it an engine swap?

I am in South Central Missouri in the heart of the Ozarks.

Carb and Points!
    Hi,
    OBD2 is what I will be working with - HOPEFULLY! My 99' 3500 came with the 7.4L I am in the process of rebuilding it now. I have gotten the pin out spreadsheet to convert the factory black box to the 0411 ECM an plan on starting that while the machine shop has the block and heads. It's not going to be an outrages build, but will require a tune. Will have a bigger camshaft, bigger injectors and headers. Slight bump in compression. Has the factory 4L80 tranny. I was only planning on doing the ECM to start with but I had an injector go out and things snowballed from there.

I am north of Camdenton in the Sunrise beach area.

Do you use Tuner Pro with your 99'? Has it worked out good for you, and if so can you recommend a ALDL cable thats getting the job done? I can find a bunch of stuff on the web but joined the Forum to get some first hand knowledge. What ECM do you run?

I swapped out the black box computer for a hardware number 12589462 green/blue P59 1MB that came with my engine. I had to change to an 05 computer, hardware number 12589463, in order to get the analog AC input, to control the compressor and the PCM still controls the cooling fans. I then had to change the operating system to 603 to get more .IDF support.

I mostly use TunerPro RT with the VTv3 with USB plus Bluetooth support for my ALDL interface. I use the LS Droid software to load my tunes. They also have LS Droid for Windows that I have used with the USB cable, it seems to work equally well. Note that LS Droid only works P01 and P59 PCMs. I have also used Universal Patcher successfully, there are a lot of different free software is available on this website. There is a vast amount of knowledge, just need to ask the right questions

I would recommend getting a spare PCM, so if you brick one you will still have one to use. I have recovered mine several times from a brick state using the procedure you can find on the web.

I am in Mountain View, just north of West Plains.