Thread: Problems flashing P01 Computer

Electronic Ignition!

Problems flashing P01 Computer

I have a 2000 4.8 ECU that I'm just learning on with Tuner Pro. I have on the bench and not in the truck. I can read the computer and get the OS #, I just can't flash the computer. Says "device did not respond with expected ID. This may not be a valid device for use with this app". I thought may be the power supply in the wall, I had a 1 amp, then switched to a 3 amp, no difference. I then hooked to a 12-volt battery, still the same thing. I have the OBDX Pro VX (says will work and also picks it up on Bluetooth). I have LS Droid version 2. 4. 5 with my Android phone (8. 1. 0), I guess they work good together. I'm new at this, just trying to learn Tuner Pro with LS Droid.

Thanks for helping.

Fuel Injected!
    Looks like the program don`t support the cable, or pcm is not what you think it may be. Do you have some debug log, Can you post the stock bin.

Electronic Ignition!
    It's my stock computer (9381344) out of my 2000 Silverado. I have a HP Tuned computer in my truck right now, just practicing with the original one to try and learn Tuner Pro. I'm trying to flash with a 12208322, but I don't even get that far to let it know that's what I'm trying to flash with. I was having a hard time finding a XDF file to match bin 9381344, so I read on the forum to flash with bin 12208322 (I also found a match XDF for). It's a LR4 4.8 number, and that's what I have. You say debug log, I'm not sure exactly how to go about getting that (I'm new at all of this)? Thanks for the help.

Electronic Ignition!
    I talked to the Pete guy who created LS Droid on Facebook, he told me that the OBDX Pro VX doesn't work with the phone and he's surprised that it even read for me. He said I'll have to use Windows on the computer. I guess the OBDX Pro VX will work with Windows, I saw a guy on YouTube programming from Tuner Pro with. I've tried Droid on the computer, wasn't working for me. I guess I didn't have the right one downloaded, his looks different from mine. I'm going to look some more and see if I downloaded the wrong one.