Thread: Stupid question

Carb and Points!

Stupid question

I have read about the fuel injectors for the TBI units being color coded and I have seen the charts identifying what code is related to what injector. My question is where are the colors located on the injector? I know I am color blind but on none of the 4 injectors I have access to do I see a color or colors anywhere. I see the numbers and have crossed those to be I have the correct replacements. So could someone please explain where the colors are located on the injectors.

Fuel Injected!
    Between the injector connector right on that center lug of the injector. Every one I've come across, the paint was barely visible...just remnants of black and really couldn't see evidence of blue. Perhaps the part number could be useful.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...d-part-numbers

Carb and Points!
    Thanks, I would not depend on a color alone, if at all, for identification. I looked over every inch of the injectors I have, could see no hint of anything color wise and wanted know if I was missing something. Good thing the numbers are good and clear.

probably 99% of used injectors I've come across that paint has been worn (burned?) off, so it's almost better go by what throttle body unit the injectors came out of.
    The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

Fuel Injected!
    i have a few sets of tbi injectors i harvested probably 15 years ago that still have the paint on them. this was back when no one wanted this stuff and lower milage units were not hard to come by in the wrecking yard. the worst thing you can do is take a screwdriver and scrape trying to find the part number. i use a tooth brush and carb cleaner usually id checking them insitu. Best way is to get the injectors flow tested and they get cleaned at the same time.

Fuel Injected!
    I have a bucket of TBI units from parting out vehicles and them being removed over the years from various things. They almost all still have color codes. This was a 2" bore SBC 305 Vortec TBI. The 4.3L, 5.0L, 5.7L and 6.2L all used the same TBI and Pink/Purple code injectors in marine applications.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Fast355; 01-02-2024 at 09:43 AM.