Thread: Extremely Lean AFR

Electronic Ignition!

Extremely Lean AFR

I have a pretty well tuned base fuel map, but when I am in Lean Cruise mode I get very lean 17-19+ AFR during very low MAP areas. I have not noticed DFCO happenening except for a brief couple of times. My Hiway-AFR ratios are around 16-16.5. What should I check to help get back to acceptable AFRs. What do I need to do to enable/tune DFCO? I am running an EBL Flash ECM, TT-1 WB O2, TunerPro software.
    Last edited by beast94; 10-01-2012 at 02:08 AM.

Super Moderator
    does the EBL use a BPC type injector to engine sizing calculation?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    It has a BPC vs. Vac. I use the calculator that comes with the software to calculate the table. Im running a Vacuum Referenced Fuel Pressure Regulator as well. It has other calculators as well like... INJ- Low MAP to exit High Load Async, INJ- Injector Correction Multiplier, and several other that are related.
    Last edited by beast94; 10-01-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Super Moderator
    if i had to guess..... then i'd say when it's commanding under stoich AFR, the wideband reads richer than expected?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Electronic Ignition!
    I have been thinking that more fuel is being injected than the ECM is commanding, but the Wide band seems to be reading leaner thand expected because my fuel consumption does not match what the ECM thinks is being injected.

Electronic Ignition!
    I lowered the fuel pressure to 30psi and changed all of the required values. I am going to see if that helps stabilize my VE learns. I am reading more about DE and DFCO. I am going to work on those parrameters and see what happens.