Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help for a 700r4 tp 4l60e swap using 0411 pcm

Electronic Ignition!

Looking for help for a 700r4 tp 4l60e swap using 0411 pcm

my setup is a 88 astro with a 4.3tbi, 1998 4l60e origin unknown and a complete harness with ecu from a 2002 blazer.

so far I have installed everything and modified the bin with tunerpro to remove stuff like vats ectect.

im not sure if that could cause an issue but the rpm signal is directly taken from the distributor but according to the sanner the reading seems ok ish ( my van does not have a tach ) and tps seems to be working just fine but the trans wont do anything. Commanded gear is stuck in 3, manualy going in to first seems to be working but will not shift by it self unless I go back up in drive, and will stay in 3rd and not go in OD.

Anyone have some experience tuning a 0411 for that application ? I would like to make sure my pcm is properly programmed before looking into mechanical issue.

Seems your transmission is in failsafe mode. I would check the powers and grounds, especially the ones that go to the transmission. It should have a power wire that goes to all the solenoids and then the computer grounds the individual solenoids to achieve this shifts. No power no shifting except for park, reverse, neutral, and second gear.

To be clear you have the 88 Astro van with a 4.3 TBI, 4L60E, and have just swapped the harness and computer from a 2002 Blazer?

HTH Jeff

Electronic Ignition!
    yes exactly, 4l60e seems to be from a 98 truck acording to the number on it.

what im not sure besidew the programation it self is if the rpm and tps are compatible even tho my scanner give me a seemingly accurate reading.
    I will double check my wire right away.

I'm challenged to understand how a 4.3 V6 TBI Distributor Tach Signal is a substitute for 4.3 V6 CKP signal?

I don't actually know that the '0411 needs a factory CKP signal to operate a 4L60E. I've never tried using an '0411 for stand-alone transmission control.

I've copied / cloned / fabricated the factory way of doing things, and that has worked out for me.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/p...nc-distributor

120-00191.png

Prices.JPG

Electronic Ignition!
    I cant anwser that question but somehow I do have some kind of rpm reading on my scanner. if im not mistaken, the rpm signal is only for wot shift ? but adding the tach signal made it go into first for some reason .... right now I have all the dtc possible for the shift solenoid, tcc pwm ect ect.

are the 98 and 2002 4l60e incompatible ?! I downloaded a bin file from a 2001 sonoma as well and it was similar. I did managed to get it to start in first on Drive and shift up but it never downshifted back after that. now If anyone know a thing or two about 4l60e tuning on tunerpro can enlighten me on possible mistake I made , I could rule this out and look at the wiring or the tranny it self.

Do you have MPH reading on the scanner, and is it correct?
    No need to re-invent the wheel. But we can make it better

Electronic Ignition!
    yes I do and it seemed close enough. hard to verify while driving and the truck speedo not working because there is no tv cable hooked up lol. but it looked like it was accurate.

Did you alter any shift tables?

Using tuner pro, right? What xdf?

Tuner pro shout generate a list of modifications that you have made to your source bin.

Quote Originally Posted by MikaelT View Post
    are the 98 and 2002 4l60e incompatible ?.
    People do 0411 swaps on 98 trucks with an 03 van calibration , so from that I would say electronics should be the same.

I'm sure someone else knows better.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    People do 0411 swaps on 98 trucks with an 03 van calibration , so from that I would say electronics should be the same.

I'm sure someone else knows better.
    yes i am using tuner pro, and I basicly only modified the least possible so it could workm like vats, axle abuse and engine dtcs

What setting do you have for PRNDL ?

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralmo94 View Post
    What setting do you have for PRNDL ?
    I beleive im at none atm, I can send you the whole bin if u wanna take a look real quick. im sure something must be going on in there, its definatly going into limp mode because every code triggers

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    I'm challenged to understand how a 4.3 V6 TBI Distributor Tach Signal is a substitute for 4.3 V6 CKP signal?

I don't actually know that the '0411 needs a factory CKP signal to operate a 4L60E. I've never tried using an '0411 for stand-alone transmission control.

I've copied / cloned / fabricated the factory way of doing things, and that has worked out for me.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/p...nc-distributor

120-00191.png

Prices.JPG
    Oddly enough, V6 tach signal is the same as a 3x reluctor and a V8 tach signal is the same as a 4x crank reluctor. There have been guys feeding the HEI tach signal into the OBS Black Box on carbureted L31s for years.

https://youtu.be/__8nVV6lR7Q?si=A8AdQLp95niNYNA2
    Last edited by Fast355; 12-23-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Have you verified fuses are good, and is the trans known good? Worked when pulled?

Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Oddly enough, V6 tach signal is the same as a 3x reluctor and a V8 tach signal is the same as a 4x crank reluctor. There have been guys feeding the HEI tach signal into the OBS Black Box on carbureted L31s for years.

https://youtu.be/__8nVV6lR7Q?si=A8AdQLp95niNYNA2
    That was my understanding, does this also mean that it would be possible to 0411 swap without a crank reluctor?