ok, so I got an original run quarterhorse the other day and the battery was obviously dead.

found out from ted jenkins that one of the battery traces is super close to one of the battery posts and it routinely ruins the board trying to replace the battery.

so that being said, it was useless either way so I just looked at it for a minute or so and said to myself. I dont care if looks ugly as long as it works and does what I want.

so I just ordered a $10 dremel off amazon and a 5pack of battery trays as well. put the QH in my bench vice and dremeled the positive battery post up high. then carefully pulled on the battery to expose the negative post and dremeled it off as well.

then I just soldered the battery to the post extensions and tested it on the back side to confirm its seeing power.

that being said, I have never done tuning before. everyone has to start somewhere though. I downloaded tunerpro rt and hooked the QH to it before my experiment and it would recognize it so I knew it worked at that point at least and wasnt DOA.

afterwards, I also hooked it back up and the tunerpro recognizes it. thats about the extent of what I know how to do.

I do have a stock w4h0 bin I downloaded as well as the cbaza xdf file and I loaded them into tunerpro. what I want to do is change a couple thing in the bin, save it as something else, and then figure out how to load it onto the QH.

then I want to remove the QH with the battery on (which would leave the flashed file on it), walk away from it for a bit and then come back, hook it to the laptop and open tunerpro and then look on the QH to see if it retained its flash.

that will confirm to me it works, right? if not, what should I do? and I have no clue how to flash it or check it either haha. any help would be great, thanks!

it is really weird loading pics on here haha

20231213_093348.jpg20231213_094852.jpg

20231213_085423.jpg20231213_095304.jpg