Thread: Thank for the add!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Thank for the add!

IMG_8404.jpgThanks for the add. This is my home built custom. Originally built with a baby lt1. Currently aluminum head rebuilt lt1. Ported & polished heads, t-bucket style long tube headers, CAI, 2800 stall converter, 3.73 gears, emissions, vats and ac deleted, running on a b-body harness. Base tune was for a 4.3 so far reset flags, cyl. volume for the 5.7 and speedo calibration. I would like to get a bit more in-depth with this. Every aspect of this car was home built so I would like to tune it on my own also. Since the motor swap I have had an idle stall at closed loop. Any tips or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome, looks like a fun toy.

Carb and Points!
    IMG_9038.jpg Its an absolute blast so I'm sure it's only gonna get better after she's properly tuned! Thanks ��

I would think starting with a Corvette or Camaro tune would be a starting point. ECM and BIN or Broadcast code would help.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks. So I've got a 16188051 ECM from a 1995 Caprice with a 4.3 ( the vin stored matches a 95 b-body with a 4.3).The bin is 16209421. Which seem weird because on Eehack that bin is listed for a 94 F-body. I've reset the flags, cyl. volume for the 5.7, cooling fans, and Speedo. I was originally going to start with a F-body bin. I liked the idea of a perf. Shift button but wasn't sure what issues I would run into. I'm running a modified b-body harness. With 2 1995 caprice know sensor and a 95 4l60e. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated��

Most of my learning has been on OBDII stuff. There are several people here that have extensive experience with the OBDI platforms.

At idle, when it tries to die, what do your oxygen sensors tell you. Are they going lean, or rich? Lean will point you towards a probable vacuum leak, rich could be extra fuel coming from the EVAP system, or a fuel injector/regulator issue. Would deal with your known issues first before trying to massage a couple extra ponies out of your engine.
    Good luck