Hello all!

I'm new to PROM burning and could use some guidance. I have a 1987 Corvette with the 1227165 ECM I'm trying to use with a newly burnt PROM. I am using the BoostedNW GM1 Memory adapter to attach the PROM and have the original MEMCAL piggybacked. I've only made slight changes to the bin to disable EGR.

When I start the car with this configuration, it fires right up, but I immediately get a Code 41 and it idles really rough (like it has a loppy cam installed). From searching the details of Code 41, I believe that this means the ECM can't communicate with the new PROM.

I've verified that the issue goes away when I remove the memory adapter and install the original memcal. I've tested burning the chip both with the bin copies from the original memcal as well as a bin found online and got the same results. When I burn the new PROM, I'm using what I believe are the correct offsets for a 16K bin.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue? At this point I'm wondering if there is a problem with the memory adapter from boostednw.

Thanks in advance!

David