Thread: drive by wire throttle tuning - throttle too sensitive off idle

Fuel Injected!

drive by wire throttle tuning - throttle too sensitive off idle

hey all, i have a customer who is running a 6.0 (LQ4)/4L60e combo. He pulled this from a silverado 2500, which he drove before pulling.

His first tuner set him up with a tune from a yukon LQ4/4l60e and he didnt like how twitchy the throttle felt off idle. I agree with him actually, i had a 2003 yukon back in the day with the LQ4 and it definitely had too much throttle off idle. He says the silverado 2500 did not feel that way. I assume this is related to torque management somehow.

So i started with a 5.3/4l60e tune and segment swapped in the engine cals and engine diag from a silverado 2500. He liked how it drove BUT, it was throwing transmission codes, which he said his previous tune did not. OK, maybe i messed up the segment swap somehow. So i want to make him a new tune and start off with a yukon LQ4/4L60e tune.

For the life of me, i am not sure which of the tables could actually affect the throttle sensitivity off idle! I have compared many of the tables between the silverado 2500 LQ4 tune, and the yukon LQ4 tune, and most seem to be the same. One table that i did find, that had some differences, was "transmission calibration --> torque management --> traction control --> B6612 - ETC pedal torque limit reduction. Is this the proper table to copy over to mask this issue?

Thank you all kindly.

There are several. I am using the 603 OS, B3207 ETC throttle response under Engine Calibration/ETC is a good place to start. There are 84 different parameters that all have an influence. PROCEED WITH CAUTION, ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR FILES, SMALL CHANGES CAN MAKE HUGE DIFFERENCES.