Thread: Odd memcal I ran across Tuned port

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Odd memcal I ran across Tuned port

I ran across a memcal from a 90-92 camaro B4c cop car, It was from a tpi 305 manual trans car. The knock board looks odd like it was had written identification instead of a printed identification. The sticker identification is not a bcc ac delco label. I have heard all b4c cop cars sold too the public were detuned but im not sure. Did ed wright have involvement with the retune of the cars ? I uploaded the .bin too bithost and it was done in 89 but thats all I know about this .bin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Super Moderator
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Thanks alot didn't even think about it being a reprogramed one from painless.

Super Moderator
    yeah, that sticker looked a bit too familiar to me....

happen to know what BIN it's based off of? or if it's actually different from a stock BIN?
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

Administrator
    What's the scan id?

The scan id is 1910 so I have no idea what it's based off of. I haven't done a compare yet too any other .bins tee see what the differences are yet. The knock board looks like the identification is written with a pen under the clear silicone goo. You can't read it but the knock. If you ohm pin 31 to 48 you get a value of the knock filter of 14k witch is consistent with tpi speed density memcals letter P. In the .bin, I just looked and well despite what I was told it is set for a automatic and has 22.1 injectors no vats. I will do a compare to anjf and aujp later today.

so it looks like painless was using 305 memcals and doing 350 tunes on them as well, guess no functioning knock sensor than.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tunedperformance; 09-27-2012 at 08:12 PM.