I joined because this forum has had some invaluable information for my 8.1L swap. My ECU had been dickered with by someone else, so I grabbed a .bin for an 8.1 manual that solved all my problems, now my truck runs great, mostly. I'm super picky and I believe getting a vss hooked up will fix it since i'm not getting into the right part of the throttle cracker, DFCO, etc., tables.
Otherwise I like reverse engineering things. A long time ago I added some shift logic to a subaru TCU. Recently I reverse engineered the protocol between the head unit and control board in my garage heater, etc. Hacking is fun!

Some pics of my truck, which is now pretty much done and running amazing. Also some pics of the abuse I put the old 350 through prompting me to finally swap in an 8.1.

Working on the swap; get it in the shop, do the engine harness, swap the thing out, etc.
The whole swap took me just under 3 weeks, which to me is a long time to work on something, I'm incredibly impatient.

Abuse that lead to the 350 not being powerful enough... The 8.1 is, however, powerful enough. I love driving this silly thing now.