Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: repin from 8062 to 7730

Electronic Ignition!

repin from 8062 to 7730

I am trying to figure out, how to repin my 8062 wiring, in a '91 S-10, 4.3 with tbi, to a 7730 speed density from a '91 Camaro mpi 350.

Does anyone know how, the order of the wires goes?

Thanks, Pat

Last edited by dave w; 11-06-2023 at 05:04 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Gearhead-efi link for the1228062, with schematics: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-4E
    I went there, the only thing I understand is the post #4 lol, the pictures, the rest all foreign to me. Is that picture of the 8062 plug-end? I also need to find the schematic for the 7730 also, so I can figure what I have to move where. And have all my other gauges & what not work.

It say's it's for a S-10, but I don't know what the diagrams are for! Before switching them around, or after? Is the plug-in their showing for a 7730, or a 8062? My 7730 Camaro harness has the same plug-ends, as my S-10 8062 harness.

I'd rather not do anything to my "91 Camaro MPI harness. It's all tagged has nothing wrong with it, and would rather sell it, to someone that needs it.

Thanks, Pat
    Last edited by dave w; 11-06-2023 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TCoupe View Post
    I went there, the only thing I understand is the post #4 lol, the pictures, the rest all foreign to me. Is that picture of the 8062 plug-end? I also need to find the schematic for the 7730 also, so I can figure what I have to move where. And have all my other gauges & what not work.

It say's it's for a S-10, but I don't know what the diagrams are for! Before switching them around, or after? Is the plug-in their showing for a 7730, or a 8062? My 7730 Camaro harness has the same plug-ends, as my S-10 8062 harness.

I'd rather not do anything to my "91 Camaro MPI harness. It's all tagged has nothing wrong with it, and would rather sell it, to someone that needs it.

Thanks, Pat
    I've done similar OBD1 computer conversions, the attached is a work in progress.

There are some details that need clarification:
    Knock Sensor (ESC Wiring)
    Knock Sensor (4K Ohms vs 100K Ohms)
    VSS Pulses per Mile (2000 PPM vs. 4000 PPM)
    ALDL (160 Baud vs. 8192 Baud)
    MAT Sensor (8062 doesn't have one)
    Crank Input Signal (not used on 7730)
    Other headaches and new learnings too

1228062 to 1227730 Pinout (gearhead-efi.com)
    Last edited by dave w; 11-06-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks!
    So now I take my 8062 harness, and repin it to the 7730 Correct?
    Can you tell, It's my first time repining a ecu, so that I can switch them. At least I have both harnesses laying out on the floor, and I'm not kinda laying on the floor of the truck. S-10 = small space. lol

Thanks again!

There is a better option than rewiring, repining, or flashing chips . . . the Dynamic EFI computer upgrade. It's plug-n-play with the harness you have! Add the port injection mod, then go driving.

https://www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

EBL_Fsh-II_3342c.jpg

Electronic Ignition!
    That would be great to buy a new ECU, but I don't have the funds to do so. I barely get to buy what I need, I usually have to make them. My wife is Very ill, because of a surgeon F-up! and takes most our money. I already have the chip burned, the wiring & ecu, and the motor is in. So it's just a matter of figuring out what "I'm doing" with the repinning. I've seen other mpi's in S-10's, so I'm not the first to do so, I just have to reach out to people like you, for the help I need. So repining is what I need to do. Thanks!

Fuel Injected!
    I don’t know Mr Dave, but I think somebody owes somebody a cup of coffee.��
    Last edited by dave w; 11-06-2023 at 04:54 PM.

Fuel Injected!
    I hope VATS will not be a show stopper...

Electronic Ignition!
    I have to Apologize for not replying sooner. It will happen with me. I take full care of my very ill wife! I had no PC time till this mourning. I must say Sorry to Dave! Yes I did see #5 posting, but I just sent it to printing along with other things printed that day. I took it out side with 6-7 other papers, and never sat down and gone through any of them. I get so side tracked with my wife. I told her if I walk in with some tools, smack me on the side of the head, and straighten me out! LOL I'm also changing my dash to a digital dash. So I'm repining that also at the same time. It's easy, I have to change the pig tail & soldier some wires. That's where the print out of #5 went. I never looked at it again. I have now made up small tape tags, for each wire, (using the conversion chart you sent me.) so I can open the plugs, and not worry where they go, and where they came from. I have to run to town again today, 45 miles of winding mountain roads & back! And into a different time zone. But I like it in the mountains! But, I will hopefully, get to work on it again Wednesday. Thanks for everything you've done. I'm sure I'm not done asking questions on this build. LOL

Electronic Ignition!
    Stew, I had the chip reprogramed, and that's one thing he removed. Thanks for the reply!

Fuel Injected!
    Also make sure you un hook and remove the knock sensor ESC module!! This is built into the memcal in the 7427. The knock sensor hooks directly to the pcm on pin B15. Attach your old wire B7 to that pin, then cut off the old plug from the esc module and attach the knock sensor wire (usally blue) to the signal wire (usally yellow with a stripe, I think red) This will connect the knock sensor to the pcm. You will also need to get the correct knock sensor. Get one for a 95 1500 with a 350 for a auto trans. The connector on it should be black, not white.

Quote Originally Posted by TriumphR3 View Post
    Also make sure you un hook and remove the knock sensor ESC module!! This is built into the memcal in the 7427. The knock sensor hooks directly to the pcm on pin B15. Attach your old wire B7 to that pin, then cut off the old plug from the esc module and attach the knock sensor wire (usally blue) to the signal wire (usally yellow with a stripe, I think red) This will connect the knock sensor to the pcm. You will also need to get the correct knock sensor. Get one for a 95 1500 with a 350 for a auto trans. The connector on it should be black, not white.
    Are the pictures below accurate?

B7 KNK.jpg

ESC.png

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Are the pictures below accurate?

B7 KNK.jpg

ESC.png
    Yes sir they are. No disrespect intended. I just wanted him to understand to be sure and sever the wires from the ESC module before connecting them together. The picture might lead someone to believe you just jumper the wires together while still attached to the module.

Quote Originally Posted by TriumphR3 View Post
    Yes sir they are. No disrespect intended. I just wanted him to understand to be sure and sever the wires from the ESC module before connecting them together. The picture might lead someone to believe you just jumper the wires together while still attached to the module.
    Good point, I will update the note in the .pdf.

1228062 to 1227730 Pinout (gearhead-efi.com)
    Last edited by dave w; 11-06-2023 at 04:56 PM.