Thread: Sniper+hyperspark tuning for 350

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!
    Yup that edit fixed the table, I did put down the one table from the #7 post I mentioned into the sniper software cause I had someone say that should be a good starting point, my header gasket gave out so I ordered new gaskets and also the 8.5mm plug wires the sniper recommends for the hyperspark system so when those come in I’ll try out this out, I’ll also try getting ur table put in a different file, is that all the timing cells you had with cpu, the sniper tables have twice as much rows and columns leading to a much larger tablegearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing graph.jpg gearheadEFI random 350 vortec thread timing table.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Sauce; 10-17-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Carb and Points!
    after i put in the table from the one thread thats not mine, i went ahead and hit smooth all, then saved it as a separate file so i didnt lose the original, this is after hitting smooth i would imagine the graph should be smooth but i got no clueafter smooth table.jpgafter smooth.jpg
    Last edited by Sauce; 10-17-2023 at 11:34 AM.

Administrator
    That table looks like a good start for Vortec heads. It is much smoother than the ones you had posted before. It will probably work well.

Carb and Points!
    So I ran that tune to the shop to put new gaskets and wires on otw back I did a baby ripper buuuuttt I think I lost 3rd gear, so ima check the cable to see if it’s loose or what, if my transmission is screwed then it’s still under warranty hopefully the shop will go thru with it, I haven’t checked the datalogs bc I’m really scared ab the trans, I’ll look tho and report my findings

Carb and Points!
    i did indeed lose 3rd gear due to my bracket flexing and heres an update i posted on another thread: ok yall believe it or not im still on this lol. my tranny shop has had the truck since late November doing a throttle bracket for it... the builder wanted to check over the truck to make sure the tranny didn't get smoked again and he found out that my bracket that holds the tv cable was flexing when i hit the gas causing the tranny to get smoked, the only good things that has come from this ordeal is i got a faster laptop, a job towing and my new boss has tons of connections, he knows a few sniper guys that ill be working with. that is whenever i get the truck back, got stuck with a beater this winter and a work van for the last bit of it