Thread: I must be in Waaay over my head

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Doing some research into your fan problem, looks like these cars have a rather convoluted fan trigger setup that has multiple inputs and outputs: https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...ontrol-6e.html

Of most interest is that if there is a short to ground somewhere on pin D11 (either because the thermoswitch in the passenger head is toast, the AC pressure switch is toast, or there is a wiring fault) this will trigger the fan to come on regardless of PROM setting.

That being said, I'm still not convinced that that is the issue since you car also won't start when ostensibly the only change you made was to a single flag controlling whether the fan relay is NC or NO. Altering a single flag and leaving everything else the same should not result in a no-start condition. This makes me seriously wonder about the validity of the BIN and/or chip and/or XDF.

For example, what actual chip are you using? If the chip requires BIN Stacking (because the BIN is smaller than the chip it's being burned to), have you stacked the BIN before burning? If the entry vector is wrong then you'll trigger the ECM error stuff.

As to the values not taking, that one I can't explain. It's one of those "works on my machine" things where I cannot replicate the behavior you're describing, so other than the guesses I've already provided, I'm out of ideas for you. I used 6E_expanded.xdf to edit the ARAR BIN, changed all the values in Time Domain Corr to Spark Vs. RPM to 244, hit Commit Changes, and then reopened the table. My changes were all 244 as expected. I saved the BIN to a new file, closed the BIN in TunerPro, then reopened it. My changes were still there as 244.

I've uploaded the ARAR BIN with just the one flag for the fan changed to this post. Does it work for you?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by NomakeWan; 10-11-2023 at 05:24 PM.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)