Thread: New to TBI Tuning SBC 327 TBI

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledhead2 View Post
    Dave W what do them jpgs reference? are they from a tune you did for a high altitude? or are them a starting point for Jeepsandkids based on your experience?

Also Jeepsandkids, I noticed something in the jpegs Dave W posted, all the titles or headers call out a wide band O2 sensor. The point being if you don't have an wide band O2 installed you should install one. If i have learned anything on this site it is a wide band is ALMOST a must have to start.
    I find a wideband mostly irrelevant myself except for tuning transition fuel. I have very seldom used them in 20 years. I find the fueling right where it needs to be when I tune using narrowbands alone. I hook a wideband up and the tuning based on narrowbands is right where it needs to be. The wideband is helpful to me in one place, because it is quicker responding for transitions though. I can use 02 sensor voltage to get the fueling as close as any wideband at WOT and fuel trims to get the part-throttle fueling done. Start with idle amd part-throttle tuning using fuel trims, get the VE table where it needs to be and the WOT falls into place pretty easily. There is very little power difference between 11:1 and 13:1. I shoot for 12:1 at peak torque and 12.5:1 at peak HP. It is safe and it works. Stay a bit on the rich side with the narrowbands at 880+ mv at peak HP and 920+ at peak torque. Staying on the rich side helps keep the combustion chambers and spark plugs cooler, basically eliminating pre-ignition.
    Last edited by Fast355; 11-14-2023 at 08:43 PM.