Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Truck Norris Nsr 5.3l lm7 help

Carb and Points!

Truck Norris Nsr 5.3l lm7 help

Hello all, I'm new to all of this but eager to learn. I've successfully deleted vats with pcmhammer and tunerpro.
    Engine runs but not happy. Can anyone possibly point me in the right direction of getting this thing tuned or sharing a bin file for the cam I'm running to be able to drive to the exhaust shop. Everything is stock except the cam and long tube headers. After the exhaust is on I plan on taking it to a local tuner for a real tune. I would assume the timing has to be adjusted.

Here are the specs,
    2001 lm7 5.3l from a suburban
    Truck Norris Nsr cam
    OS ID 12208322

Thanks for any help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fuel Injected!
    If you are running open headers, unplug the O2 sensors until you have the exhaust put on. That will keep it in open loop. You can not run closed loop with open headers. The O2 sensors are too close to outside air and will report false lean exhaust and cause the PCM to continue adding fuel that is not needed. Also Stock LM7 injectors are too small for any 5.3L with a cam. You need to post the bin file you are using also and assuming this is a swap, the trans type, rear gear ratio and tire size for starters.

I'm going to be running the same cam soon. My first step with a cam like that is to remove VE at the bottom of the table and add VE at the top.
    80 Camaro Z28 - 550hp AFR 383 / T56 6spd (Holley HP EFI)
    91 Beretta "SS" - 260hp 3400 MPFI / HM282 5spd (7730/$A1) sold! for crazy money...but I miss it
    94 Silverado Z71 - 300hp Vortec 357 TBI / NV4500 5spd (7427/$0D) gone but not forgotten
    96 Beretta "T56" - 4.8 LS RWD swap / 6spd (0411/2156)
    01 Silverado 2500HD - stock Vortec 8.1 / ZF6 6spd (0411/8322)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/GEARHEADdezign

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by woody80z28 View Post
    I'm going to be running the same cam soon. My first step with a cam like that is to remove VE at the bottom of the table and add VE at the top.
    What I did on the L31 I just put into a G20 van. I installed some temporary pipes, then marked where I wanted an 02, pulled it out, installed a bung and re-installed it.

Edit...Not sure why this site inverts the image.

Fuel Injected!
    Double post

Fuel Injected!
    Hey, whatever Fast said. Listen, he's a great tuner
    -Carl

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by In-Tech View Post
    Hey, whatever Fast said. Listen, he's a great tuner
    Yea good gosh, I flipped it over, reloaded it and it was upside down again. Never claimed to be good with photography and image posting. I said to heck with it, someone will get the gist that it has close to 3ft of pipe behind the manifolds and more than 18" past the 02, which is what I consider the minimum for a semi accurate 02 reading. Shorter than that and reversion is goint to throw off the readings.

Carb and Points!

Help!!! Please

Hello, sorry it took so long to respond.... so i only had 4 injectors firing, the other 4 were not. Bought delphi 50lb injectors, all cylinders are firing and its running super rich, tried with or without o2 sensors, results are about the same. Open long tube headers. Yes this is a swap from a 2001 suburban with a 4l60e to a 1993 Chevy K1500 with a 5lm60 manual transmission. rear gear ratio is 3.42 and tire size is 265/75R16. i will attach with .bin file i am using, any help is much appreciated. Money will be payed for a decent tune so i can drive it to the exhaust shop. Any Help is much appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    There is quite a bit of fake ac delco injectors out there. It's quite amazing how good the chinese are at making legit looking boxes. Bosch does a good job with their hologram stuff to tell fakes, GM has not caught on yet. Here's a pic of a flow test I did this weekend for a bud who bought 50lb on ebay in ac delco boxes. When I asked how much and was told $80 for 8, I was curious and right, JUNK.
    I'll prepare you a .bin file that will be close.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    Hiya,
    There is quite a bit of fake ac delco injectors out there. It's quite amazing how good the chinese are at making legit looking boxes. Bosch does a good job with their hologram stuff to tell fakes, GM has not caught on yet. Here's a pic of a flow test I did this weekend for a bud who bought 50lb on ebay in ac delco boxes. When I asked how much and was told $80 for 8, I was curious and right, JUNK.
    I'll prepare you a .bin file that will be close.
    I bought the injectors from glenns auto proformance, hoping i didnt get chinese ones, who knows these days. i appreciate your help in any way

Fuel Injected!
    Hiya,
    I am assuming from your previous posts, it is a stock 2001 intake manifold with stock rails that has the fuel pressure regulator with vacuum line built into the rail?
    It'll take me a couple hours to build a tune and I will post asap.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    stock everything except the cam and injectors. Return style fuel system, fuel pressure regulator, drive by cable. not sure what you mean by vacuum line into the rail?

Fuel Injected!
    There should be a vacuum line to the regulator in that early stuff.
    -Carl

Carb and Points!
    There should be a vacuum line to the regulator in that early stuff.
    yes you are right, its there...lol

Fuel Injected!
    Oki Dok, working on dinner then will get back onto file. Stay tuned :)
    -Carl