Thread: Mike from AZ

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Carb and Points!

Mike from AZ

I am retired now, but worked all my life. Been into cars since I was old enough to look at the JC Whitney catalog. Built many cars since I was an early teen (now 65) and raced, both drag and dirt track. All of my builds, at least in the most recent years, were all carbureted BBC - 496, 498, 540. . . . . After selling my last build - a 496/4 spd 68 Chevelle SS - I picked up a 38 Chev Coupe (37 nose) with a lot of mechanical issues, but great body and paint - House of Kolor Brandywine Candy Metallic. It has a low mile 94 LT1/4L60e out of Caddy, which has been my first EFI project. In the past couple of months, picked up a Tuner Cat setup and started learning the software and tuning configuration. BTW, I use DataMaster infrequently as my logging software. Although there was an aftermarket tune done, very little was changed and there were a number of problems, like not accounting for the Ford 24# injectors, stock timing and fueling, etc, etc. Joined the forum to learn more about EFI tuning. ~Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images