Thread: 80 Pounders

80 Pounders

Hey Folks.
    I'm gathering up the pieces for the 355 swap into ol Smoky. One of the pieces is a 454 TB that I want to install on top of my current Edelbrock spreadbore manifold. The engine has a Lunati cam(262-268,112CL and .499-.521 lift with 1.6 rockers)and a lot of headwork. I've read that the 80lb injectors are a little large for a 350 engine and affects idle quality and seems you can't turn the pulse width down enough to compensate for it. From what I've read is to use 65-68lb injectors and bump the fuel pressure up then do the math to determine BPW.

Your thoughts?

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by scooterwrench View Post
    Hey Folks.
    I'm gathering up the pieces for the 355 swap into ol Smoky. One of the pieces is a 454 TB that I want to install on top of my current Edelbrock spreadbore manifold. The engine has a Lunati cam(262-268,112CL and .499-.521 lift with 1.6 rockers)and a lot of headwork. I've read that the 80lb injectors are a little large for a 350 engine and affects idle quality and seems you can't turn the pulse width down enough to compensate for it. From what I've read is to use 65-68lb injectors and bump the fuel pressure up then do the math to determine BPW.

Your thoughts?
    I had a 2" bore 502 Marine TBI and 104 lb/hr each injector on my 350. Zero issues getting it to idle and the fueling correct. Ran that setup on a single plane manifold as well.

[QUOTE=Fast355;99682]I had a 2" bore 502 Marine TBI and 104 lb/hr each injector on my 350. Zero issues getting it to idle and the fueling correct. Ran that setup on a single plane manifold as well.[/QUOTE

My motor is almost 50" smaller and running a dual plane manifold. Think I can still run the 80lb injectors with stock pressure?

Oops! I missed that you were running a 350 under that 502 manifold.
    Dismiss that part if my previous post.