Quote Originally Posted by scooterwrench View Post
We know that the .bin doesn't fill the whole chip,there is a blank region,right!.

I will be running the 7427 ECM and have burned a 27SF512 chip to put in that 7427. When I read the original .bin(chip)out of the 7427 all the data was loaded in the bottom region of the chip(blank region at the top). When I burned the 27SF512 chip I used the instructions in the tunerpro help page and chose 000000->00FFFF as the address to burn the .bin in. When I loaded the buffer it put the .bin in the upper region of the chip(blank region at the bottom). Is this going to create an issue or will the processor still be able to read the .bin? Basically is it supposed to do that?
Looking into the $OE definition, those BINs are 64KB. The 27SF512 is also a 64KB chip. This means you should not be modifying anything at all in TunerPro's settings for burning the BIN. The BIN's layout is already correct for the chip since both are the exact same size. The only time you would change the setting is if the BIN were smaller than the chip, and even then, rather than changing the address and praying I got it right I would just stack the BIN instead with the built-in BIN Stacker.