Hello, everyone.

Before introducing myself, I'd like to let you know that there's a typo in my username and I cannot figure out how to change it. My name is supposed to be "Stunt Dummy", if any admins or mods can change it for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

As for me, I'm a mid-40's mechanic and Youtuber that comes from a family of mechanics, race car drivers, and truckers. I've been around custom vehicles my whole life and my current project has brought me here to learn things I never thought I would have to learn. Anyhow, here I am to learn about tuning PCMs. Unfortunately, I'm a total newbie and can't offer much help in that regard but there's plenty of other things I may be able to help with. I suppose, the best way to introduce myself is probably one of my Youtube videos, so here you go - https://youtu.be/_V3zE_3Uoso

As for my current project: I'm almost done building a monster van from a 1999 Chevy Astro. There's almost nothing that hasn't been customized, and almost nothing left that original to an Astro van. I know, it's a weird choice of projects, it's a long story but I fell inlove with these stupid things and i can never leave anything alone, so it had to be customized. I don't know exactly how much lift it has, but it's somewhere around 24 inches.

The van has:
1999 body
35" ties
1985 Interco Rims
2001 5.3L V8
2003 NV3500 manual transmission.
Dana solid axles from a 2004 Dodge
rear coil springs from a 2000 Dodge Ram
front coil springs from a 2008 Ford Super Duty
Manual transfer case from a 2002 GMC Sierra
Toolboxes and strobe lights from a 2010 Ford Explorer(police cruiser)
a full frame that I made custom and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I know the NV3500 isn't a loved transmission but I'm only keeping it until I can find an NV4500. What I didn't know when I started this build, was that the PCM would require changes for my manual transmission to work. Unfortunately, I got myself into one heck of a mess because GM never paired 5.3L's & NV3500 transmissions together. It's been a serious challenge to make this work because I couldn't even find a stock tune for NV3500 to take a segment swap from.

I have searched high and low and finally have a tune that I believe will work for me, and I got it from 2 members of this really cool site(70HeavyChevy & LowBuckLS). Anyhow, this van has been in the shop for over a year now and I'm hoping to test fire it tomorrow. I have my fingers crossed that she'll fire up and drive without issue, but I'm honestly in over my head with this tuning stuff and I may need some help figuring things out.

It's going to be a while before I'm comfortable enough with tunes to help other members, but if there's anything mechanical you need help with, or anything electronic that's outside the PCM, feel free to hit me up and i will help you if I can.

Thank-you very much for approving my account and I look forward to working with you guys in the future.
Glen.