Thread: Hi Everyone!

Carb and Points!

Hi Everyone!

Hello fellow gearheads! I am working on a 1974 Chevy Malibu Classic.

Details:
    Swapped in a 4.8 with 4L80e and updated everything else. I rebuilt the engine (new bearings, re-used rings & lifters) and transmission (HD2, case saver, no walk rear bushing, alto red clutches & kolene steels, new bushings/seals/bonded pistons/electronics/etc). Rebuilt rear gear with 3.73 & Detroit Truetrac, rebuilt a quick ratio steering box from a junkyard z28, rebuilt a hydroboost from a 1993 3500 Chevy truck.

The theme of the project is using serviceable parts that are in all the junkyards, and getting a reliable driver. Eventually I plan to add some boost, but my turbo log doesn't clear the upper control arm (engine set forward to clear the low mount a/c on the sbc clamshell). I'm in the process of doing wiring on the PCM and floor pans so I can set the body back down.

I joined the site to get access to some files for building a base tune & segment swapping.
    RollingChassis.jpgMeAndChevelleBodyCart.jpgEngineBuild.jpgFrameAndAxle.jpgHydroboost.jpgSteeringGear.jpgSuspensionBuild.jpg
    Last edited by 74MalibuClassic; 08-27-2023 at 08:50 PM.