Thread: Cant get Tunerpro RT to connect once engine starts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Fuel Injected!

Cant get Tunerpro RT to connect once engine starts

Hi All, I am trying to tune a new application for myself. It is a TBI 350, I am using a 7747 ECM and $42 mask code. The car runs fairly well and shows no codes.
    Using my Antique Auto x Ray I can connect and monitor the car. However when trying to connect using Tunerpro RT it will only work before I start the car.
    I can get it to connect with the key in the on position and I can look at the the items list and see things such as the TPS changing when I depress the pedal, but as soon as I fire it up it begins connecting and disconnecting every few seconds. I have tried some of the normal fixes without having any luck. Suggestions?
    Thanks
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    The more I mess with it the less I understand exactly what is happening here. If I go into preferences and set to com 3, then test for a cable, tunerpro says the cable is found and functional. Unfortunately I cannot get it to connect to the ECM at all in this configuration.
    However if I go into preferences, set it to com 1, then test for a cable, I get the message that no cable is found. However in this configuration I can connect and read the ECM until I start the car, then it goes back to connecting and disconnecting.
    This stuff is sometimes so frustrating.
    Roy

You wouldn't be the first.

Plug cable in and on PC go to Devices and look for what Com port it is on.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I tried doing that. It does not show up on there at all. I cannot figure out how to get it to show up on there. When I go into advanced settings I can look at the different coms, and com3 says used, but you cannot see it under devices. I thought that might be part of the problem but cannot figure out how to make it show.
    That said using the same laptop Tunerpro works fine on my other car using $A1.
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    Also, I have this same problem with the programmable ECM you just sent me, and the stock ECM so I can pretty much rule out a problem with the car. I just cant figure out why it connects fine until I start the car. I restarted the computer with the cable plugged into it and now it will connect on either com1 or com3. Until I start it up.
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    I downloaded TTS 's ALDL interface tester and used it to test Com1 and Com3 and both passed.