Thread: Cant get Tunerpro RT to connect once engine starts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You wouldn't be the first.

Plug cable in and on PC go to Devices and look for what Com port it is on.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Mark, I tried doing that. It does not show up on there at all. I cannot figure out how to get it to show up on there. When I go into advanced settings I can look at the different coms, and com3 says used, but you cannot see it under devices. I thought that might be part of the problem but cannot figure out how to make it show.
    That said using the same laptop Tunerpro works fine on my other car using $A1.
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    Also, I have this same problem with the programmable ECM you just sent me, and the stock ECM so I can pretty much rule out a problem with the car. I just cant figure out why it connects fine until I start the car. I restarted the computer with the cable plugged into it and now it will connect on either com1 or com3. Until I start it up.
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    I downloaded TTS 's ALDL interface tester and used it to test Com1 and Com3 and both passed.

What are you using for an ALDL cable? I had some similar weirdness at one point.
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - stock AMC 360 V8, 3" exhaust - 1227747 ECM - $42 ASDU - tc.wagoneer.org - www.bot-thoughts.com

Fuel Injected!
    I am using a Y style cable that Andrew from AKM made for me a few years back.
    Roy

Fuel Injected!
    I had an epiphany this morning. I noticed I have a little ignition static coming through the speakers when the radio is off. I am thinking this could be creating interference and causing my problem. I am currently using a serial port connection. If I went to USB is it possible it would take care of this issue?
    Roy
    Last edited by Fastmax32168; 09-21-2012 at 04:38 PM.