Hey y'all,

I am gathering parts for my TBI swap for my Jeep which has a AMC V8 engine, a AW4 transmission, and a D300 transfer case. I am trying to get the swap done before a ride at the end of September and my free time is pretty limited. With that goal in mind, I feel like I stand a better chance at just doing a fuel only swap at the moment and then adding spark control later this fall/winter. That way I can keep my current ignition system operating that is in good shape and just focus on fuel delivery which has been my problem with the engine mounted fuel pump and carb.

What have I don't already?
1. Bought a 7427 harness, throttle body, and a bunch of the sensors
2. The throttle body is soaking in pinesol right now and will be put back together this weekend
3. I reached out to Dave W about having a custom chip burned for a fuel only setup using the 7427 and he wasn't sure it was possible

My current plan is to:
1. Finish rebuilding the throttle body and thinning out the harness
2. Purchase TunerPro RT and test all the sensors
3. Throw in the fuel pump and mount everything in the Jeep (TB, O2, MAP, Knock Sensor, and Coolant sensor)
4. Test fire the Jeep using the stock Chevy 350 tune and ignore the codes as they pop up
5. Custom burn a chip for Jeep so I can drive it around without spark control and a VSS

Here is where I need the help. I have not found anyone who has done a spark only TBI swap using the 7427 computer. So I have some questions for the experts:
1. Will the engine even run using the 7427 PCM without having a distributor connected to the wiring or a VSS?
2. Can the 7427 be used to only run fuel without causing issues? If so, what do I need to do to the tune in order to make this happen without throwing a bunch of codes or causing the engine to run poorly.
3. Can the 7427 be programmed to run without a VSS?