Thread: Questions about sensor readings, 0411 PCM

Carb and Points!

Questions about sensor readings, 0411 PCM

Built a 5.3l I will be installing into an 84 camaro, engine is still on the stand I installed the harness and had been working though some initial configuration and circuit checks for the various sensors, I can't seem to get any response from the maf or o2 sensors, are these only active when an RPM signal is present? I remember from the older obd1 vehicles you could ground the o2 signal wire with a test light to check the circuit, the wiring in the harness appears to be correct, but it was an aftermarket harness so have been questioning it. As for the maf sensor, I will be using one of the card style 5 wire maf sensors, I have an adapter harness to combine the 3 wire maf and 2 wires for IAT. Issue I'm having is IAT doesn't read correctly, 20 degrees high or so, even with maf side disconnected as i know the heater would affect this, and can't find any calibration for it in tunerpro or universal patcher. Also am getting no response from maf in logging software, unless engine needs to be running for this to work? Just was trying to confirm wiring was correct, as there was some mixed information I had read about these maf sensors

Administrator
    Will the MAF flag a code in one or two key cycles if disconnected? That would help prove the pcm is happy with the MAF signal at KOEO.

Carb and Points!
    So spent some more time messing around with it, was able to get a maf frequency to show up on the logger by adjusting settings to force closed loop and cranking the engine over, so looks like thats all wired up correctly, calibrating it once engine is in the car and running will be a whole other project I'm sure, but ill leave it at this for now. Still trying to get an o2 signal on the logger, looks like they are wired correctly, using isolated ground sensors:
    B1S1 signal high - blue pin 69
    B1S1 signal low - blue pin 29
    B2S1 signal high - blue pin 66
    B2S1 signal low - blue pin 26