Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LT1 tuning

Super Moderator
    google to the rescue:

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...for-95-LT1-PCM

side with blue and gray plugs is T-side.
    1995 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 3100 + 4T60E

These benchtop diagrams may also shed some light.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ll=1#post19721

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    Strange how I flashed my 94 Roadmaster 100 times without issue.

Was a pain to get the ADX to work and I picked the hardest one to learn on because of all the modules you listed.

What car, or modules are in your car that may have caused this? Are they in the RoadMaster? I think the CCM for dashboard is only one it does not have and only in Corvette...
    All of those modules listed are in the Roadmaster. My Caprice is a 9C1 police package but the VATS module does not appear to share that line. I'm wondering if it really comes down to my ALDL port being loosey goosey because my Roadmaster never had one problem datalogging, flashing, nothing, whereas the Caprice had quirky logs now and then and has toasted two PCMs.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock9c1 View Post
    I'm wondering if it really comes down to my ALDL port being loosey goosey because my Roadmaster never had one problem datalogging, flashing, nothing, whereas the Caprice had quirky logs now and then and has toasted two PCMs.
    and there's your sign!

Plus the Caprice has never been an issue to flash but it's a 9C1 so who knows how many wires were tapped into and out of when it was in service.

I don't think any VATS modules are tied into serial data line? Also the VATS in a 9C1 does not have starter relay off VATS, just fuel cut off to PCM.

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleMark View Post
    and there's your sign!
    Hah, where's the LOSER smiley?
    With all the links you guys posted, it looks like I can take those two BNDH chunks, get the BNHD bin, fire up my trusty hex editor and find what's on what chip. Now just have to find the time to do it.

No losers here! Only learners!

And I don't know if that is your issue? But it sure seems likely...

-= =-

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah, the police history is a double-edged sword. One the one hand, the car was very well maintained. Engine internals were spotless. On the other hand, there was random wiring in the trunk, bolt studs from equipment racks still there, the headlight harness had been wirenutted back together and the headlights would blink over bumps (not kidding!), the trunk light wiring is dead (no idea why), and the TCC has never locked on its own since I got the car (I wired in a manual switch - the PCM inputs specific to TCC all seem to be working okay) [EDIT - turns out a lousy tune caused the no TCC lockup - a stock tune had the TCC working perfectly]. So yeah...

I'll try tightening up the ALDL connector pins. EDIT - ended up buying the Arduino module from the uber cheap thread and building my own benchtop harness for $15 in the chip and a set of junkyard PCM connectors.
    Last edited by sherlock9c1; 05-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Carb and Points!
    I replaced a stock 95 lt1 5.7 Impala motor with a 383 stroker, ported vette heads, 58mm throttle body, 30# injectors, MSD, 268/278 cam A4, and hooker headers. Tunercats was used on the pcm. I get a code 43 and it wont idle. Do I need an esc module for an F body? I cant get it to run right and I need some help. It will fireup and die. If I unplug the maf sensor, it runs, but is too rich.
    Last edited by bigstevo; 04-28-2015 at 12:59 PM. Reason: provide more info on my problem