Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: P0443 still comes on

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by slow76_c10 View Post
    Thank you for fixing the file, I had VATS turned off. Thinking that XDF needs more work. I've tried running Universal Patcher but at first it wouldn't open on my laptop then once I got it to run it wouldn't open any if my BINS. Need to work more on this.
    I didn't change the VATS setting in your bin. That is what both HPT and Tunercat OBD2 showed it to be.

Fuel Injected!
    that's fine, the truck starts with the file so I'll let it be. trying to figure out universal patcher keep getting an error msg

Fuel Injected!
    i just checked the original file that you posted with universal patcher, and it clearly shows P0443 as enabled:

lq9_novats_screenshot.jpg

if you used the correct XDF to edit this, the XDF has issues

Fuel Injected!
    i just posted on pcm hacking in the thread where this XDF lives. I think phoenix over there is pulse_gto over here, and as far as i can tell he's the brain behind the plethora of excellent P59 XDF's that we have

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah the XDF has issues. Still trying to get universal patcher to work I keep getting an error msg and can't load any bin. files idk what I'm doing wrong

Fuel Injected!
    Still learning on all of this tuning, I do appreciate everyone's help and time

Fuel Injected!
    Yeah the XDF has issues. Still trying to get universal patcher to work I keep getting an error msg and can't load any bin. files idk what I'm doing wrong
    What does the error message actually say? Maybe it can point you in the right direction as to what's wrong?
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Fuel Injected!
    Error, frmTuner, line 0: C: \Users

Fuel Injected!
    It will only open if copy to desktop, I must be doing something wrong but I'm not sure what

Fuel Injected!
    It's probably less you and more that there's some bug in Universal Patcher related to file paths and/or permissions.

Try creating a folder in the root of a drive and put all your stuff in there instead. For example, if you only have a C:\ drive, then you'd make a folder called "Patcher" and so would be at C:\Patcher. Then put all your BINs in there, run the program from there, etc.

Alternatively you can try running the program as administrator in case it's an issue with NTFS permissions.

Lots of "indie" programs have issues when it comes to dealing with Windows directory structures and permissions. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Universal Patcher was one of them.
    1990 Corvette (Manual)
    1994 Corvette (Automatic)
    1995 Corvette (Manual)

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the help, I'll give that a shot once I get home

Fuel Injected!
    Thanks for the help, I'll give that a shot once I get home
    Can you post the errors you get. Also did you get the full zip folder, maybe some files are missing from the program.

Permissions is big problem for most programs, but not sure it applies to universal patcher.

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I got the zip file straight from the website

Fuel Injected!
    Yes I got the zip file straight from the website

Maybe you are trying to run it from the zip folder. Try extracting the zip to folder in desktop and run from there.

Fuel Injected!
    I did extract it to desktop