Thread: New to the Forum

Carb and Points!

New to the Forum

Hello my name is Dave From Southern Indiana near Louisville. I have a seemingly unhealthy obsession with 2000-05 Bonnevilles...

I had a 2002 SLE some 10 years ago, and a week after buying it the Engine decided to give up. Long story short I ended up putting another engine in it after a shop jacked up the engine that I acquired by swapping the oil filter housing from the original to the replacement without cleaning it completely... That engine ran a week. So the net one I replaced myself then 6 months later the trans went out. Replaced that myself. Then sold it.

6 years later I bought a 2003 SLE and drove it 2 years problem free until Oct of 2019... Broke the transmission forward band. It has sat in my driveway ever since. Recently I purchased a 2004 Park Ave Ultra for cheaper than I was finding transmissions.... So I drove 2 hours, listened to it run and made sure it went forward and backwards... (has no brakes...) and now I am here... Looking for information on how to make this as smooth as possible...

I should have the engine out tomorrow, and if anyone is near Louisville and needs any Park Ave parts feel free to contact me, as I will be scrapping the hull once I get everything out that I think I may need.