Thread: Opinions on Bulkhead connectors and efi sensors wanted

Carb and Points!

Question Opinions on Bulkhead connectors and efi sensors wanted

I am wondering if anybody here has used a bulkhead connector for the fuel injection harness, especially the sensors?

I getting ready to layout my wiring harness and donor harness was butchered at firewall so unless I can find a long enough pieces of the right color wires I will have to solder splice all the wires.

I am wondering if a good bulkhead connector might not be just as effective and it would solve several other obstacles as well.

Thanks

In a conversion in a '71 Chev pick up I did, I used a 50 pin Deutsche bulkhead connector, to pass the wires through the floor of the truck, since the PCM is mounted in the console, and the harness was made to pass along the trans and up the back of the engine. The same style connector could be used in a firewall just as easy.

It was in the DRC series of the Deutsche Brand.

The two connectors look like this, without the pins installed:

The man who says something is impossible, is usually interrupted by the man doing it.

That's a good looking connector.

You can solder all the wires, I've used connectors to hold wires and solder, twisted wires and solder then shrink wrap. Won't effect sensor readings. Probably less work then a bulkhead connector but if needed they work well and look good too.

Careful routing all EFI wires at least a few inches away from distributor, coil and spark plug wires! 40,000 volts does cause some noise in 5 volt circuits.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-