Thread: Map reading volts with tuner pro

Electronic Ignition!

Map reading volts with tuner pro

Hello was wondering if someone could help me figure out why my map display is showing volts instead of kpa. I have a 16197427 ecm with $0d mask and I cannot figure out how to display my Map in kpa. Made a BLM history table but it never changes from 20 kpa guessing because its displaying voltage for the map and it never gets that high. I have looked several places and cant find anything on how to change it to read kpa instead of volts. Datamaster reads it in kpa but would like to use tuner pro rt instead so i dont have to purchase the datamaster since I have been using tuner pro to burn my chips and make changes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Electronic Ignition!

nevermind

I found the conversion formula i needed. In case anyone else needs it. X * .369 + 10.354

You must be using an old definition? Check out this thread as the newer def has MAP in kpa and a whole bunch more. There are four files needed if you have Auto trans. One ADX for engine, two ADX for trans and one XDF for modifying the bin.
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-OD

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Wow those have alot more in them than what the files I have been using have. I did notice the stock bin from that same page BJYK does not have the same timing table that mine has. I will have to reload mine with this new xdf file to see if it is the same as mine with the old xdf i was using. Did try burning a chip with these new files and it didn't write properly unless I'm using the wrong xdf for it. When i put in the truck the SES light was on and it idled high and rough so i put my other chip back in that I burned with the old files but with updated VE tables. It ran nice and smooth. I am a little confused on the AE and PE tables though. It does seem like it needs a little more in the PE but I could be wrong.

Those files are what many people have been using including myself without issue. Start with them and a fresh bin.

PE (Power Enrichment) really needs to be tuned via WideBand. But we have found most of these bins have a huge PE delay time!

AE (Acceleration Enrichment) is your pump shot for opening throttle blades.

You can always post your files and datalogs here for help.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

Electronic Ignition!
    Ok in the platform id shouldn't the LSW be 0000 and the MSW be FFFF just curious because both are 0000 but the bin seems to be running fine. I am using the bin from this website with my timing table and ve table in it. Both still need a little work but was just wanting to check to make sure i had everything loaded right.