Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting started flash II

Electronic Ignition!

Getting started flash II

Hello, is there a decent diagram showing the 1 through 18 pin locations on the large plug that goes into the ECM?

EBL_Fsh-II_2802a.jpg

Are you using a Dynamic EFI Flash II?

Perhaps the schematics for the 1227747 will work? Gearhead-efi 1227747 link with schematics: http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...Information-42

GearHead-EFI Vendor!
    The '7747 wiring is very close to the EBL ECM. The Information Help document included with the EBL system has the pin out. Can also hit our site for full wiring diagrams, under the Information drop down menu.

RBob.

Electronic Ignition!
    Thank you!

Electronic Ignition!
    When selecting a EBL_F_BIN file, should I pick one that matches the year of the van (88)? Or..
    The motor is a 5.7 crate motor with vortex heads. So do I pick the 5.7 vortex BIN?

I'd start with the Vortec (sp) file. IIRC I started with the EBL_F_3000.bin file. YMMV

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Electronic Ignition!
    Well so far so good, I have the F BIN read into the calibrator. Now the scary part, the calibrating.

For example the number of cylinders was already set to 0.00 which equals 8 cylinders if I understand correct. So does this mean all of the items are already set to a certain setting?

"if the injectors are larger, the fuel pressure has been increased, heads or cam changed, then some of the calibration parameters will require changing prior to starting the engine "

It's a yes to those first three points, so I'm not sure, any help would be very much appreciated.

What "calibrator" are you using, the latest TunerPro RT, I hope?

Where you quoted the part about injectors and fuel pressure, it looks like you're reading from "Introduction to Tuning Part 2. Just follow his instructions. For example, BPC. Your EBL should have come with the "EBL Utility" which will give you the values for that after you plug in the numbers on the left. Then copy the column and paste it in to the Table BPC - BPC vs VAC. Just keep following the instructions so you'll see what's going on and check to ensure they're germane to your setup. There's also "Calibration Help" included with the EBL which defines all of the Constants, Switches, and Tables - enjoy!

Electronic Ignition!
    Yes I'm using the TunerPro RT.
    Thank you, I'll be diving back into it when I get home tonight.

Electronic Ignition!
    I'm figuring it out somewhat, the only thing left is to shut off the EGR. The components are no longer there of course, I seem to recall something about increasing a value in the EGR settings?

Quote Originally Posted by G20spacecruiser View Post
    I'm figuring it out somewhat, the only thing left is to shut off the EGR. The components are no longer there of course, I seem to recall something about increasing a value in the EGR settings?
    Yes, in Scalars go down to "EGR - CTS Enable Threshold" and set it to ~150, hopefully your engine will never reach 150° C

Electronic Ignition!
    Alright, I'm now at the point where I need to flash in the code. The weekend got busy so that had to wait, the instructions for flashing seem pretty straightforward, but I appreciate any advice I can get.

Quote Originally Posted by G20spacecruiser View Post
    Alright, I'm now at the point where I need to flash in the code. The weekend got busy so that had to wait, the instructions for flashing seem pretty straightforward, but I appreciate any advice I can get.
    In a nut shell, connect your laptop to the EBL, match your Comm Port with your Laptop, with KOEO, look to see you're connected. Click on Display, flash, Select bin, OK, select bank. Then click on apply, it should do its thing and you'll see it flashed in ~4 seconds. Turn the key off for ~10 seconds. Then you're ready to start it up and see what happens...

Electronic Ignition!
    Thanks, does it matter which bank I select?
    Also before the first start how do I set dist.? Do I disconnect the brown wire before I start it and then set the timing ASAP?