Thread: LS1, thinking of moving from dbc to dbw - any big gotchas?

Fuel Injected!

LS1, thinking of moving from dbc to dbw - any big gotchas?

hey all,

currently, my LS swapped volvo is running great on a P01 with drive by cable.

However - i'm thinking of changing my swap from DBC to DBW - for two big reasons

1) hood clearance
    2) cruise control

Because all of the DBC throttle bodies have that giant IAC/fresh air hump at the top, i have to run my throttle body upside down due to hood clearance. This also results in a less than ideal cable routing (which works, but still), and forces me to use this throttle body spacer which makes an already tight engine bay even more cramped:

as for cruise control, i figure that the TAC module will be easier to mount than the cruise control module for the cable throttle bodies.

Are there decent (OEM quality) DBW throttle bodies available in good sizes like 92mm, 102mm, etc?
    Would there be big hang-ups as far as tuning goes, if i take a P59 and try to make it work with the larger throttle body? What needs to be changed in the tune for this?

Any other issues with tuning DBW instead of DBC?

Of course i could just leave it DBC as it works fine but......always want to learn something new :)

Possibly consider using the 2003 + 1 meg PCM, if a .xdf is available for the 1 Meg PCM.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by dave w View Post
    Possibly consider using the 2003 + 1 meg PCM, if a .xdf is available for the 1 Meg PCM.
    most definitely. it'll eventually be a 383 LS1 so i can pretty much just choose any OS with a solid XDF and start tuning

Pulse_GTO was kind enough to add the fan parameters to the 7603 xdf so i might start with that one