Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi from phoenix!!!!

Electronic Ignition!
    Do you suggest such a person who I might be able to pay for a few hours of 1 on 1

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by 8835th View Post
    I just downloaded one from the net. I having a hard time understanding what everything means or how they work together. I'm not great with computers and I wish I had someone to explain just a few things
    Learning this stuff is like learning a foreign language. What you may describe as "fuel tables," well the pioneers dubbed it as "volumetric efficiency" or VE tables. EPROMs can be loosely referred to as chips etc. Once you bridge the gap of that language barrier, it gets easier. TBH...I know nothing about MAF tuning. You are right that it has something to do with LV8. When I started dabbling into this stuff back in the late '90s, I didn't even own a fuel injected vehicle. My knowledge came from reading, reading, reading and more reading.

Well enough about that...with that downloaded xdf, you can open it with TunerPro. You can select an item in the parameter tree and press F2. Depending on who built the xdf, some include detailed explanations of what the parameter does. Not all of them will contain "notes" which usually means it's important but nothing needs to be changed here. Here's a good read that I searched...well I didn't read it entirely as I'm a speed density guy and MAF material is best read before bed time...
    Last edited by stew86MCSS396; 05-25-2023 at 11:25 PM.

The various tuning guidance that are on the how to section of this website would give you about a six-hour study on the basics. I would suggest that as a first step. Then for your specific set up I would get as far as you can and then ask specific questions, coldstart, cruise etc. Pulse GTO has helped me with a few things. The suggestions below would help bring the language barrier so that everybody is talking about the same thing, the tune basics would help sort that out. What really helped me on the OEM side was understanding what the engineer was trying to do rather than trying to tweak things to make them run right. It is a process, and most tuners or mechanics do not understand as much about it as they should, so they wind up just changing parts or tinkering with the tune that winds up causing problems in other areas.

I just beginning to get into data logging, this is after working on the tune on my vehicle for over 18 months.

Something links that I have found helpful. Personally I have awakened an hour early for the last year and poke around on this site and others. A fresh pot of coffee early in the morning works better for me than trying to absorb all this information after a hard day.

http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ng-Error-Codes!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...ams-Tuner-Info!
    http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inj...2-OBDII-Tuning

Electronic Ignition!
    Yeah I'm going to try that because I'm not very good with computers but I do understand basics of how a car runs and operates I just need to understand what the settings are because I compared them against a jet chip from back in the day and the chip was completely different from anything I've seen on any bin modified or factory

Once we have the language barrier and dealt with, give me any specifics you are having trouble with. Tuning can be frustrating, but when you have the car running better than the factory did, it is very rewarding. Also, include the latest BIN file and XDF that you are using