Thread: VE LEARNS

VE LEARNS

According to instructions, a person wishing to do "V.E LEARNS" via the "self learn" option in the EBL P4, you should turn (OFF) closed loop by setting temp to enable to max, and lock BLM at 128.

Question is, if it's in open loop, isn't it going to target the open loop values per the open loop vs vac table?!?

And if so, would you not change all of the open loop table values to 14.7X:1 your intended closed loop stioch of 14.7:1 ?!?

Wouldn't it be easier to do a BLM learn in closed loop and lock the blm's to 128?!?

I just don't understand the "PURPOSES" of doing stuff this way... Forgive me, just trying to understand the "INTRICACIES" of it all..

Imagine my surprise when i found out i had it dialed in somewhat, but not doing it right... So now i get to start all over, so i am just trying to figure out the rationale of it, doing it the way it describes..

I understand turning off decel fuel cut off, and CCP, etc. Just trying to understand it all.

T.I.A

Adam

FWIU, when you do the VE LEARN, it adjusts the VE table to dial it in. Running in CL, the VE table is used as a base and the INT/BLM adjust off it. If it's more than 12% off, the EBL can't adjust enough to reach your target AFR.

Note: you wanna turn off EGR also. I even turn off PE too.

If you turn off closed loop, it reverts to the open loop vs vac vs rpm table which is NOWHERE NEAR 14.7:1 in many places!

So how is this the "RIGHT WAY"?

Wouldn't staying in closed loop and locking BLM TO 128 MIN/MAX be better?!?

And if you turn off P.E how is it ever supposed to hit target AFR on a highly modded engine?!?

Take a look, here is a pic of the open loop AFR table.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Your EBL P4 is a little different than my Flash-II but, when I do the VE Learns I lock INT and BLM to 128. When VE Learn is enabled, it automatically adjusts cells in the VE Table, then, when you're done, asks if you want to save them. Once you do, it modifies the table. It can only change any cell up to 12% so, you may have to do multiple learns to get it right. I use a WBO2 so I can tune at WOT too, it's way more accurate than a NBO2.

RBob has great instructions on how to do it in his literature.

That is the issue, understanding his literature...

So, if i leave closed loop on as normal, set MIN/MAX BLM & INT TO 128 and turn P.E to 100% only, then that should be a correct V.E learn, right??

Then i save it, upload it into a new bank, and do it over and over.. Target P.E AFR is 12.8:1

I plan to log it also while i am doing this.......

Question however.. What if "14.7:1" isn't "128" on mine?!?

What i mean is where i run a LT4 HOT CAM, i have overlap etc, so what if 128BLM is actually 13.8:a AFR according to the wideband?!? I also have a wideband 02, does good, 13's-15's going down the road, i just still have that slight rich smell on gas, i figure changing the injector size from 30 even to 31.5 or 32 should do the trick...

This way i can leave the fuel pressure up at 43psi with vacuum as it was soft top end when set correctly to 43 without vacuum. Runs like a raped ape at the slightly higher pressure setting. ZZ430 Clone.

I just didn't wanna mess with that open loop stuff due to the tables being so far off of stioch with my plan of closed loop operation being the end goal and all.

You need to turn off;
    Closed Loop Threshold by setting min CTS to 150+
    BLM Max/Min to 128/128
    Hiwy min coolant to 150+
    EGR CTS Enable Threshold to 150+

In case you're not aware, here's a thread dedicated to the EBL. RBob haunts there too.
    https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...ispreloading=1

I (REFUSE) to deal with thirdgen as they have loons running that place accusing people of racism etc when it never happened. They banned me for NOTHING a year or so ago!

I didn't do anything but stand up to a couple of idiots crying about a muffler band hijacking a thread, i told them they was acting retarded when it didn't have anything to do with the question. They took offense, i got banned, guess they sucked the right dick.

So they claimed i was some racist and banned me. I never did or said anything so forgive me if i wish not to have any doings with that shit hole or it's admins whom are obviously okay with what they do there. Seems like it always attracted the biggest walking talking dickbag assholes there anyways, i was a founding member way back when and it was full of those assholes even then! Ed Mahers, Bort62's, etc etc...

You would do well not to recommend that place. It's dying out i hear anyways due to FB groups being more active.

SERVES THEM RIGHT!

Anyways, how is relying upon a open loop fueling table gonna get me close to 128 BLM's when it's nowhere near 14.7:1 in many places?!? How is this better than closed loop tuning?

Are you saying to set "LEARN TO BLM" and not WB02 while doing this?!?

Or should i just leave it in closed loop, set MIN/MAX BLM&INT to 128 and learn/log?!?

Yeah i done got CCP, EGR, etc turned off. Just focused on the procedure. Dialing it in perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by badgta; 03-31-2023 at 09:14 AM.

So there is (2) ways of learning according to everything i am reading.. WB02 and BLM..

She is close, only issue is slight gas smell on the oil, more sweet than anything, barley there. Probably due to pressure being turned up for W.O.T power.. So since i am close as it runs damn good, wouldn't doing a BLM learn in closed loop be best as Closed loop operation is what the end goal is...

Setting MIN/MAX BLM to 128 With EGR, CCP, ETC all off......

Thoughts?!?
    1991 FORMULA ZZ430 CLONE, HOLLEY STEALTH RAM, EBL P4, 30LB INJ, THE WORKS!
    9" 4.11 GEARS, TRUTRAC DIFF, 31 SPL AXLES
    TKX 5 SPEED INCOMING!