Thread: diesel to gas

Carb and Points! 99K-1500OBSecss's Avatar

diesel to gas

I hope this is the right place to post this

I just swaped a 94 6.5 turbo diesel to a 94 454 tbi. I have changed the pcm engine harness were puled from a suburban. did not change the dash harness that is tied into the fuse box and a big plug on the bottom of the firewall on the driver side I have also not changed the ignition switch yet and I do not know if I have to change it or the harness. my problem is I can connect the coil and fuel pump to the battery and the truck will not start unless I spray it with starting fluid and when I stop spraying it dies. if I do not connect the coil directly to the battery I have no spark. under all conditions I also have no injector pulse I also need to know how to connect the fuel pump to the relay.

Perhaps the ECM is not seeing a Distributor Reference Pulse (DRP)?

Once the ECM sees DRP's the fuel pump relay is sent 12 volts (relay low side). Without DRP's the ECM will not send 12 volts to the fuel pump relay.

The DRP comes from the distributor ignition module.

Carb and Points! 99K-1500OBSecss's Avatar
    that is some thing I did not know. I do not know if the fuel relay is hooked up or not I know the fuel pump is not. I just put in a new distributor I did not try anything since the wires for the injectors have been on fire and are going to be replaced with the fuel pump disconnected will I be able to check for injector pulse using noid light and coil connected directly to the battery? also if I jump pins a and b on the aldl plug it dose flash 12. the best way I can describe what is happening is turn the key the dash responds engine cranks and nothing happen. any idea why no spark unless connected to the battery