Thread: Tuner Pro V5 and OBDII plug-in?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tuner Pro V5 and OBDII plug-in?

Wondering if anyone has has success using the plug-in for the ELM converter?
    I just bought a cheap BT one from sleezebay and am figuring the thing won't work as expected like others have found.
    At least if someone confirms they have connected with it I would feel better.
    For the $$ i figured i'd give it a try with the Android phone and the "Torque" software.
    Worst case with all of this is I will use the Droid as a dual programmable gauge and save $200 from buying those.
    The "interceptor" is nice but very pricey!
    http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN2110/GTGAU/...+vehicles.html

I'd like to log my 06' LS2 GTO with TP V5 if possible and see whats going on in there:)
    Any info on the "E40" datastream PIDs?
    I guess there are some GM specific PIDs for oil psi, trans temp that are not in the std set.
    Just fishin for info on this to begin...
    Jp

Carb and Points!
    I never did get that to work?

There are standard OBDII PIDs and then manufacturer enhanced PIDS.

ScanXL Pro with the GM enhanced PIDS is sweet so far. It's simalar to EFI Live Scan and has a feel of TunerPro. More data then you could dream of and specilty PIDS built in for track times, torque, MPG etc... graphs, maps and dashboards, really has a wow factor for joe smoe, does read and clear codes, watch data or record and all data needed for tuning as well! So far it has more then what is needed to use with TunerCat OBDII.

It's supposed to work with the Innovate OT-2 wireless but as of now no luck. If you just want data with bells and whistles to iPhone it's got a sweet app but I've never tried it and don't know if the app will work on other phones.

In the end if you want to do anything with data you'll need EFI Live or TunerCat OBDII with cables to re-flash PCM. EFI Live has the Scan with it so no need for ScanXL. TunerCat OBDII can still be bought with a RoadRunner, which is back ordered and I'm still waiting...

EDIT: EagleMark on kids laptop again...

ScanXL looks pretty good.
    I'm bouncing between just logging ability and full tuning.
    EFI Live is a ton of $$, TunerCat and others are also big $$.
    I don't mind spending if it turns into a long term use but for the short term I only need to see what is going on (logging)
    i know once I see an issue I'll want to tweak it...
    you know how that goes.

PS,
    Uou really should buy your own computer, that kid is going to get sick of you borrowing his!

Quote Originally Posted by JP86SS View Post
    PS,
    Uou really should buy your own computer, that kid is going to get sick of you borrowing his!
    Ouch!

I need a backup laptop but have never even a qlitch with the HP laptop I bought about 2-3 years ago.

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-

i actually got it to work today.
    Had allot of bluetooth/comm setting issues but it did log some data on the GTO.
    I'm looking into the hex commands going to the ELM327 now to see how to build a full set of data into the ADX.
    There are a bunch more hex chars going to the device in the request command than what I'm seeing is required.
    Not sure why this is, so if anyone has looked at them and has an idea, LMK.
    Thanks,
    Jp
    86 Monte, 406, Hyd Roller, 700R4 beefed, G3-APU1 and NVSRAM 730, S_AUJP

Do you realize if it works? How does it get the PIDS? Do you have any idea how many PIDS there are? Have you looked at EFI Live or Scan XL Pro custom PIDS? It's amazing!

I wouldn't want to write that ADX file... how does the ELM Plug in work? Do you need an ADX file?

1990 Chevy Suburban 5.7L Auto ECM 1227747 $42!
    1998 Chevy Silverado 5.7L Vortec 0411 Swap to RoadRunner!
    -= =-