Thread: E38 I''m sure this is answered allready

Carb and Points!

E38 I''m sure this is answered allready

I have a gen 4 ecm iI need to delete the AFM in. E38 ecm. I'm new to the tuning of the computers but have a strong back ground in auto electric. I have a VDXDiag Nano SE that I have working on the bench with gen 3 ecm. Built a e38 bench harness per the EFI LIve drawing and can not access the ecm at all. What software is required to read and write the bin and also what to do the tune with. I have went over the wiring on the harness twice and don't see any problem. That does not mean there is not one. I did not include the harness for the TCM. will that cause a problem reading the ecm on the bench. Using good power supply with a solid 13.5 v. PCM Hammer see the VXDIAG nano but errors out when it starts to access the ecm. Ecm came out of 2007 Yukon that was running. We rebuilt motor and need to delete the afm. i have not tried the ecm inthe truck yet. Will be a couple of days till I can get back to it. I'm sure this is covered in the forums. I just have not been able to locate it. I don't want to spend a ton of money of this if possible. Laptop i'm using is a I5 with win 8.1 pro 64 bit. Any info and or help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    -mechtec

Fuel Injected!
    Why do you think pcmhammer supports e38 pcm.

You are only free option is to use this program
    https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewto...=power+flasher

for flashing

And edit the file with universal patcher.

The flash program may work with your device, but it also may not work. If it is not working you will need an MDI unit.

Carb and Points!
    Thanks for the link. I really did not know if PC Hammer had been updated to the gen 4. Like I said I am just getting into this side with the electronic tuning. If you want to tune a set of Hilborns it all good. LOL Again thanks.
    -mechtec