Thread: Howdy from DFW, Texas

Carb and Points!

Howdy from DFW, Texas

Howdy, everyone.

Over the last couple months, been getting my feet wet with flashing on my P59. Have used SPS to update the OS and calibrations with a VCX Nano and bench harness (12587603 to 12606960). Also pulled .bin files via PCM Hammer, modified via TunerPro and/or Universal Patcher and flashed those with PCM Hammer. No XDF for the 6960 but Universal Patcher was able to allow the Fan Parameter changes I needed. So far, so good. Now looking into speedo correction and getting into tuning a bit. Got a spare PCM for backup and haven't tried flashing in vehicle, yet. Bench seems easy enough.

Fuel Injected!
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbta View Post
    Howdy, everyone.

Over the last couple months, been getting my feet wet with flashing on my P59. Have used SPS to update the OS and calibrations with a VCX Nano and bench harness (12587603 to 12606960). Also pulled .bin files via PCM Hammer, modified via TunerPro and/or Universal Patcher and flashed those with PCM Hammer. No XDF for the 6960 but Universal Patcher was able to allow the Fan Parameter changes I needed. So far, so good. Now looking into speedo correction and getting into tuning a bit. Got a spare PCM for backup and haven't tried flashing in vehicle, yet. Bench seems easy enough.

Hello! Also just east of Fort Worth here.

You should be able to export a XDF for TunerPro out of universal patcher. I have HP Tuners and Tunercats OBD2 but also recently started messing with the open source stuff.

Carb and Points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast355 View Post
    Hello! Also just east of Fort Worth here.

You should be able to export a XDF for TunerPro out of universal patcher. I have HP Tuners and Tunercats OBD2 but also recently started messing with the open source stuff.
    I'm in Frisco, grew up in Colleyville.

Yes, after two attempts was able to get an XDF via Universal Patcher. Would take quite a while to organize it into categories, etc.